1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Haven't been to happy with Tang-Band either... they have some of the worst qc I've experienced.

Question is, why stray from the good, well known brands like Seas/Vifa/Peerless/Dayton reference etc.?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cuz none of them will go that high.....haven't really looked over seas yet....

think i found a dayton that is non reference that will go that high....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
npdang said:
Haven't been to happy with Tang-Band either... they have some of the worst qc I've experienced.

Question is, why stray from the good, well known brands like Seas/Vifa/Peerless/Dayton reference etc.?
aside from QC....how was the tonality on some of the TB stuff you've heard?

i'm intrigued by that 4"....just cuz it's underhung....and got some rings on the motor...

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
The t/s parameters and performance parameters KMS,BL,LE vary so much on many of the TB I've measured. As well as I've never had any of these raw drivers fail on me before, but the TB was the first. I didn't really like the sound of them either... and I've heard a fair number.

For a 4.5khz cutoff there are any number of Seas or Vifa drivers that will fit the bill. I'd check the classic and mg lines from Vifa, the basic CA or Poly series from Seas, etc.

There might be a few diamonds in the rough with the TB or HI-VI's but in general I consider them a bottom tier manufacturer at least with respect to their diy offerings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.