DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to become a dealer for Morel? I've emailed the company multiple times expressing my interest. But have yet to recieve the first reply. As a company we've been selling car audio equipment for over 30 years. We're one of only three dealers in our area (none carry morel) and to my knowledge we'd be the only morel dealer in SC. Do they not want more dealers? Are they behind on production? Is there some exclusive club I need to join? I just don't understand. I'd appreciate any insight. This type of thing really turns me off of a company...

·
Registered
755 Posts
I work for a Morel dealer. My advice would be to contact Peter Moore. Call (877)MOREL11 and I believe the extension is 702 for Peter. It will be the first option when you call. Good luck, it really is great product!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Also would you carry morel over dynaudio, or hertz/audison? Do you think two of these brands could survive together?
Well it depends on what you are expecting out of the line when you bring it in. If you are already a dealer of things like Alpine or JL where they force their full range products down your throat or you don't get the rest of it, then your decision might be different than if not. I've worked at a Dyn dealer and can say while they are great speakers, you aren't likely to sell a high volume of them. They only have two lines and they are pretty expensive (~$600) and very expensive ($2000 and must run active). Morel on the other hand is a full line company with speakers at almost any price point. To keep this informative without too much information, we'll use two way 6.5" components as examples. The prices start with Maximo at $229, Tempo at $350, Dotech Ovation at $599, Hybrid Ovation at $899, Elate at $1549, and Supremo at $2999. So as you can see, they will allow you to hit many more markets with such a broad range of prices. On top of that, they have several levels of coax speakers ranging in size starting in the $100+ range. The Ultimo and Ultimo SC are some great sounding subs, with the SCs having a reasonable price tag on them. Again, not trying to discount what Dyn does, just that you aren't likely to reach very many customers with them.

As far as Audison/Hertz, we are an authorized dealer with them as well. The advantage they have is a much broader line in the sub department. Plus, they have several amp lines to bring in (if you need them) that can help build that brand in your store. And, as we all know, many customers want things to match for whatever reason, and you'll have the ability to provide that for them. They also provide you the ability to bring in the Bit One and Bit Ten products if that is something you can sell. Lastly for this plug, I would like to attest to the customer service with Elettromedia. They are the coolest company to deal with as far as warranties. If you have any other questions, just let me know!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of demands does morel put on you? Dyn? I would love to carry their products but I can't see us selling a lot of them. We already carry hertz and we're very happy with it. Every customer is happy from the dieci buyers to the hi-energy buyers (although I'm having an issue with my hsk 165 right now...). They have something for everybody. If I were to bring in Morel or Dynaudio I think it would have to be at price points above hertz (obviously with dynaudio) which would mean I would sell very few of their products therefore I would not be able to meet a high demand.

Thanks for being so helpful

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
They only have two lines and they are pretty expensive (~$600) and very expensive ($2000 and must run active).
I am confused at your pricing on the Dyns. The Esotec 2-way 6.5 runs $990 with the 5" 2-way at $890 (their least expensive set) and then the Esotar2 Drivers are $1700 for the tweeters and $1100 for the Midbass.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am confused at your pricing on the Dyns. The Esotec 2-way 6.5 runs $990 with the 5" 2-way at $890 (their least expensive set) and then the Esotar2 Drivers are $1700 for the tweeters and $1100 for the Midbass.
Oops, sorry. I don't look at those sheets any more (its been a couple of years) and must be thinking about the numbers in the other column. I still deal with the other two on a daily, so those numbers are very fresh. My apologies, this is correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts