·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just what the title states?? sucks but i could not make it this year....thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Here are a copule of pics of the CD7000 and CD 5000 (sorry if they are a little blurry)

They both have 24-bit DAC's, HD radio ready, Ipod ready, MP3 and WMA playback, AUX in, GPS unit-ready for "Area Shot", Circle Surround II, and Memory Stick inputs.

The main differences are 8V on the CD5000, but 5V on the CD7000 (yes, the lower priced model has a higher voltage output), 3-way or front-rear-sub time alignment and crossover on the CD7000 but front-rear-sub on the CD5000 only, 5band parametric EQ for the High and Mid (1 for the sub) on the CD7000 but a 7 band parametric on the CD5000, Color OEL display on the CD7000 but a Full-dot VF display on the CD5000, and get this.......a Detachable Face on the CD7000 but they both have ESN.

Let me know if you need more info on either deck, I don't have pics of the new Fold out Monitor, but Crutchfield already has it listed with pics.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i agree damn they look bad assssss...... wow..... any idea on pricing yet???
and i cant believe that the cheaper one has more features ??? whats up with that???

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
CD7000
All in one chasis
3way active xover + sub or '4speakers + sub mode'(hence the internal amp)
5v/55ohm preouts (no more 8v)
5 band PEQ per pair of chs, Sub OUT 1BAND peQ
T/A on all chs
SINGLE knob rotary control
Detachable face PLUS ESN- now thats great!
Mp3/wma
IPOD READY

And also Eclipse will also have some sort of 'learning' interface built in for car oem audio controls. Wont be shipping till late Feb /Early March...

Price is supposed to be same as current cd8455 $599-650 MSRP

The CD5000 has 8v outputs only because it IS the same unit as the CD8445 with bigger rotaries and Ipod ready. The chose the 5v for the 7000 because the 8v decks were clipping alot of amps according to their rep, so they eventually will be gone. All that matters anyhow is that it has the same low impedance of 55ohms, the spec important in terms of data transfer of the outputs.

·
Registered
397 Posts
nice specs on the CD7000!!

do Eclipse HUs sound thick? like the DRZ?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
man thats unreal how the cd7000 with all of those features will be the same price retail as the 8455.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
MSRP is actually:
CD7000 $699
CD5000 $549
CD4000 $349
CD3000 $249
CD2000 $199
CD1000 $159

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have no confirmation yet whether it'll handle 4way active on the production version- although I was told so earlier in the week by a tech at Eclipse that it'll control a 3way active FRONSTAGE. Perhaps the sub chs are such in the xover that they can be used for L/Mid use?Weird..
So No confirmation whether it'll have 3 sets of preouts, 4 sets, or 3sets plus a mono for sub. Whether they will make a companion processor for it or capability to control the DCU105 processor. The new look of the CD7000 is what the '07 line is to appear like, as this unit will be carried over in '07. The change from 8v to 5v on the upper deck was a decision made strictly by Eclipse Japan.

I guess time will tell..

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I didn't pay much attention to the HU's but I did notice that Eclipse's new subs use LMT technology. It wasn't advertised, but the cutaway showed a voice coil with variable layer winding...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
npdang said:
I didn't pay much attention to the HU's but I did notice that Eclipse's new subs use LMT technology. It wasn't advertised, but the cutaway showed a voice coil with variable layer winding...
They dont advertise much...lol

I just found out from them that they have been using select DAC's from Burr Brown in their decks, yet they dont advertise it. Meanwhile many people over the years on the net comment/insinuate that they use inferior dacs.

So as a friend pointed out, perhaps its the Japanese centric way of Fujitsu Ten to not give light to outside technology in their products.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow back from the dead...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts