DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was just wondering if there was any amp that has the same feature as Alpine's PDx and JL Audio's HD - which is to deliver the same power (rms) @ different ampedance?

Thanks,
Kelvin

·
2,749 Posts
PPI 2350dm

There are also a few that aren't automatic like the jl or alpine but can be manually switched to make the same power into different loads like some older soundstream amps, xtant 301a, esx q series, mcintosh mcc602tm, milbert bam-235 and I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Another way to skin the cat is to go unregulated and make sure your charging system is up to the task.

Unregulated amps make more power out with more power in.

:)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
+1 for the PG Xenons (if you can find them, maybe on ebay??)

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another way to skin the cat is to go unregulated and make sure your charging system is up to the task.

Unregulated amps make more power out with more power in.

:)
Well the thing is that I am trying to decide between:
- DLS A6 @ 4ohm - delivers 550rms (A/B class)
- Alpine PDx 600.1 @ 8ohm - delivers 600rms (D class)
- Regulated amp @ 8ohm (A/B class)

Planning my next system - amp is to push a 15" sub ported around 28-29hz therefore, do not need a lot of power, just trying to find the best SQ that won't be discharging my battery...

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Yeah once you start trying to play 15 meter long notes [ you had better have some serious power on hand... think alternator ;) ].

Go with class D or G amplification

The wavelengths of sound frequencies audible to the human ear (20 Hz–20 kHz) are between approximately 17 m and 17 mm, respectively, assuming a typical speed of sound of about 343 m/s; the wavelengths in audible sound are much longer than those in visible light.

Wavelength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
There are a lot of amps (especially those made ~10yrs ago) that had switches for "high current/high voltage" modes. That basically does the same thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts