DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so I am planning on tackling my build soon. Since I have a brand new truck I dont feel comfortable on tackling 100% of the install myself and would like a professional to handle certain tasks (glass center console for sub enclousre) Thanks

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
There are several excellent shops, but to place you in the area what is your zipcode please?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, anybody else have any input? I would like to look into a few places, I dont want to limit myself to 2 options

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure if you already found a place or not. I live in Collegeville. I recommend High End Car Stereo 12th and Vine.

I have been to all the local places around Collegeville, KoP, Royersford, and Conshohocken. They are the best I have found around. It is a bit of a trip from the burbs, but well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure if you already found a place or not. I live in Collegeville. I recommend High End Car Stereo 12th and Vine.

I have been to all the local places around Collegeville, KoP, Royersford, and Conshohocken. They are the best I have found around. It is a bit of a trip from the burbs, but well worth it in my opinion.
I have been there a few times, there quality of craftsman ship on installs is good but there lack of knowledge about audio is not so good. One of the things they quoted was they said "they were going to sound proof my cabin" and I said what exaclty are you going to use to do that? They said "dynamat" and I was like " you need closed cell foam along with MLV to do that" They were completely clueless and argued with me. Anyway I ended up tackling my install myself...

BTW several people have recommended Perzan Radio in Upper Darby Even other shops I have been to have said that it is a great shop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Odd because they do not use dynamat, they use Hushmat. But I would agree with you on the sound proofing as I do not think they do much of it. I find it very odd that they started to argue with you though as I have had a great experience with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just called Perzan and the first words out of their mouth were Dynamat. It is funny how not many of these guys know how to do sound proofing that well.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Ok I am going to type this one last time
ImagineAudio.com
That is all. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I stopped in Imagine Audio yesterday and spent about an hour talking to Colin.

I still like High End as they do great work, but Colin seems to know his stuff about sound deadening especially (among other things).

I haven't done anything with them yet, but so far I was impressed.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Collin is very knowledgeable when it comes to car audio in general. As a matter of fact I will be stopping there on Thursday to see if they are able to order my Mosconi amp. Hopefully I can answer any questions that you have concerning their work. :)

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Someone just pointed out this thread to me. I wanted to thank the guys that gave my shop a thumbs up. I love what I do, and you guys (and other enthusiasts) are the reason why. My #1 goal is that anyone that comes in to my shop will leave feeling like they can recommend us to anyone, and that they can come back anytime whether they are purchasing something or not.

Thanks again guys. It means a lot...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts