DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says. I basically want to know if the CDT CL6 will be a good mate with the LPG 25nfa tweeter. The tech data on CDT Audio states its rated up to 5khz, but they dont show the graph after 1khz, so I dont know what the breakup looks like after that. But it was flat up to the 1k mark...thanks

Sidenote: I could not ask this question in the test data section...ACCESS DENIED!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had em once, thought their upper midrange sounded kinda muddy.

Coulda been install at the time though.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My main concern is how they do at around 2-2.2 kHz area, cause that is where the LPGs will come in at.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Have to agree with BTA... muddy sounding. Don't have any measurements unfortunately. You can't post in test data because it's only for test data :)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
npdang said:
Have to agree with BTA... muddy sounding. Don't have any measurements unfortunately. You can't post in test data because it's only for test data :)
Giving your experience and a 'trained' ear, what would you say the top end xover point should be? In your honest opinion, are the LPGs a good match to this driver?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Doesn't sound like it needs a lowpass at all. Just bring the tweeter in around 3khz and youll be fine.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bedankt!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts