DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 Advent am10" subwoofers...... the box say its for mobile audio. They are brand new and i dont have and specs except that they are 50wrms. i dont even know what kind of box to put them in. I got them both for $50, so i know at least i didnt go wrong there.... or did i?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Here is the 1rst post from a guy trying to sell stuff at another website [2003]

BENZ230K
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts

post Dec 24 2003, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Group: New Members

Member No.: 121

Feedback for BENZ230K - Positive: 0 • Neutral: 0 • Negative: 0
Submit feedback for this topic

THIS IS A LIST OF STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE,

JUST SHOOT ME A PRICE ON AS LONG AS IT IS REASONABLE I WILL TAKE IT,

THANKS KYLE

MEMPHIS PR-4400 OPEN
Planet audio z-12dvc NEW
ECLIPSE SE8402 NEW
KENWOOD KFC-XW1205DB OPEN
KENWOOD KFC-XW1205DB OPEN
MEMPHIS PR200 NEW
MEMPHIS ST-2004 OPEN
DEPTH CHARGE DC400 NEW
ADVENT AM10 NEW
ADVENT AM10 NEW
ADVENT AM10 NEW

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Advent speakers were not great, but they weren't garbage either. If they were components, they'd probably still sound decent, but a lot has changed in subs since those came out. You could use them IB, but be careful with the power. I won't say that you got ripped off, but you could get a good modern sub for a little more.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't think you will be happy with those, not in a convertible. They just don't have the output for a convertible. You can probably sell them for a small profit. I would. That way you can get something a little louder. Old school subs with limited excursion don't like convertibles. :( The surrounds on those are probably the old foam surrounds. They don't stand up to weather well either.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Those would be better suited in a 2-way home tower. A sealed box for them would need to be way too big to go well in anything but a panel van. Good sounding drivers for their time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
point taken!:) how about 2 phoenix gold XMAX 10 inchers??? i see the box specs for them are .4 -.6 cubic inches sealed. i think the box would be small for these and ill still be able to pull my spare if necessary.The box can only extend back another 5 inches or so. heres a pic of what the trunk looks like... im fairly new to building boxes but i think i can make one that extends over the chassis brace on the bottom ( which is about 4 inches thick)----> check the pic.
the car has a trunk only about 36 x 28 inches, making things very hard.

i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr304/cshulze/P1011030.jpg

·
Registered
360 Posts
those subs sound nice but dont handle power or get loud. i had one of those subs running with 5.25 and 5x7 from the same line a long time ago. they sounded nice but very output limited. you definetly dont want them in a convertable.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I got 2 Advent am10" subwoofers...... the box say its for mobile audio. They are brand new and i dont have and specs except that they are 50wrms. i dont even know what kind of box to put them in. I got them both for $50, so i know at least i didnt go wrong there.... or did i?
email sent, here's the blurb from my Advent 10", speaker long gone but did well for what it was. EPSON016.jpg

EPSON017.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts