DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 Advent am10" subwoofers...... the box say its for mobile audio. They are brand new and i dont have and specs except that they are 50wrms. i dont even know what kind of box to put them in. I got them both for $50, so i know at least i didnt go wrong there.... or did i?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Here is the 1rst post from a guy trying to sell stuff at another website [2003]

BENZ230K
Rating: 0
View Member Profile
Find Member's Posts

post Dec 24 2003, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Group: New Members

Member No.: 121

Feedback for BENZ230K - Positive: 0 • Neutral: 0 • Negative: 0
Submit feedback for this topic

THIS IS A LIST OF STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE,

JUST SHOOT ME A PRICE ON AS LONG AS IT IS REASONABLE I WILL TAKE IT,

THANKS KYLE

MEMPHIS PR-4400 OPEN
Planet audio z-12dvc NEW
ECLIPSE SE8402 NEW
KENWOOD KFC-XW1205DB OPEN
KENWOOD KFC-XW1205DB OPEN
MEMPHIS PR200 NEW
MEMPHIS ST-2004 OPEN
DEPTH CHARGE DC400 NEW
ADVENT AM10 NEW
ADVENT AM10 NEW
ADVENT AM10 NEW

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Advent speakers were not great, but they weren't garbage either. If they were components, they'd probably still sound decent, but a lot has changed in subs since those came out. You could use them IB, but be careful with the power. I won't say that you got ripped off, but you could get a good modern sub for a little more.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I don't think you will be happy with those, not in a convertible. They just don't have the output for a convertible. You can probably sell them for a small profit. I would. That way you can get something a little louder. Old school subs with limited excursion don't like convertibles. :( The surrounds on those are probably the old foam surrounds. They don't stand up to weather well either.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Those would be better suited in a 2-way home tower. A sealed box for them would need to be way too big to go well in anything but a panel van. Good sounding drivers for their time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
point taken!:) how about 2 phoenix gold XMAX 10 inchers??? i see the box specs for them are .4 -.6 cubic inches sealed. i think the box would be small for these and ill still be able to pull my spare if necessary.The box can only extend back another 5 inches or so. heres a pic of what the trunk looks like... im fairly new to building boxes but i think i can make one that extends over the chassis brace on the bottom ( which is about 4 inches thick)----> check the pic.
the car has a trunk only about 36 x 28 inches, making things very hard.

i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr304/cshulze/P1011030.jpg

·
Registered
360 Posts
those subs sound nice but dont handle power or get loud. i had one of those subs running with 5.25 and 5x7 from the same line a long time ago. they sounded nice but very output limited. you definetly dont want them in a convertable.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I got 2 Advent am10" subwoofers...... the box say its for mobile audio. They are brand new and i dont have and specs except that they are 50wrms. i dont even know what kind of box to put them in. I got them both for $50, so i know at least i didnt go wrong there.... or did i?
email sent, here's the blurb from my Advent 10", speaker long gone but did well for what it was. Text Document Paper Font Paper product

Text Font Paper Parallel Diagram

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.