DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved from Cali a few years ago and am trying to get back into stereos. Problem is, I can't find anyone out here that is into this. Anyone know of any clubs/groups/meets?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boises audio scene is very hit and miss! And most that are in to audio is all spl
That is unfortunate. I am thinking that we should create a Northwest group and have a meet somewhere.

I just bought a 350z and am working out the kinks for a new SQ setup. Still early in design but would be nice to have people to talk to that are interested. Maybe plan something in the near future, soon enough so we dont have to wait but far enough away so word of mouth can get around. Thoughts?

Know of any stereo shops where locals hang? Anything with high end equipment? Or low end equipment and a passion for music and stereos?

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Well, now this might actually be something close enough for me to attend to. I would be VERY interested in attending any form of sq car audio get together you guys might be into producing. I am in Calgary Alberta Canada but if your meet up is somewhere around the Spokane/Coeur d'Alane area I can make that in a weekend trip with enough notice. Sadly, there just doesn't seem to be too many guys around here either that are into sound quality and want to a. help others out or b. willing to let others know what they have done. I will definitely be watching this thread.

·
Read Only
117 Posts
I have been to all the shops in Boise but all they specialize in is lip service and how much money they can work out of your pocket! That and they don't like an educated audio conversation and you can tell when they loose interest and move to the kid that wants the buy one get one free setups! I don't think the shops here know what a good sounding stereo is if it walked up and slapped them in the face!

Pioneer/focal/digital designs

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I like the get together idea. I guess I better get towork

Just let me know and if I can make it down to this I certainly will. I can represent, Hertz Mille, Audison, Morel and Pioneer in my setup:D I am looking to hear more of the higher end Morel stuff (Elate/Supremo), Dynaudio, TRU, Mosconi, Sinfoni, etc. Pretty much any of the high enders as they just don't seem to be available around here.

·
Read Only
117 Posts
As of right now I represent dd audio! And must say I'm really impressed with the product! I run focal front stage with dd audio amplifiers and subs!

·
Read Only
117 Posts
I also run a pioneer p99rs for all of my processing needs!
Also spider if you need any help with your build let me know I am more than willing to lend a hand!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also run a pioneer p99rs for all of my processing needs!
Also spider if you need any help with your build let me know I am more than willing to lend a hand!

That is quite an impressive piece of equipment. I am not a rich person so that would take some time to save up for. For now, i ordered the KDC-X996, I may add a processor at a latter point. This will be my first time working with Kenwood, most of my experience was with Alpine, Clarion, or Eclipse receivers. My build plans include arc amps (KS 300.4 for the fronts, ks 500.1/sub), 10" IDQ (I dont think i will need more for such a small space and for SQ), and for the fronts, I am thinking an LPG tweet with either a seas or morel driver. I am also a big fan of focals so I might try the PS 165's if i can find them cheaper than 400. I have to make some a-pillars and some door pods before i do much though.

·
Read Only
117 Posts
The 996 is a great deck! Also if u can find a set of poly glass 165 v30s I think u will really like them! Have u thought about Zapco for amps?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 996 is a great deck! Also if u can find a set of poly glass 165 v30s I think u will really like them! Have u thought about Zapco for amps?

Yes, i have been looking at the Zapcos. They are very nice from what I have read, I dont have any hands on experience with them like I do with arc. I have actually met Robert Zeff as he built one of his earlier amps. I used to post on elite car audio and knew a lot of those guys. I think they made me fond of the arc stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the boise area...moved here from Cali...Very interested in any kind of car meet... I have experience in almost all the high end brands....PM me if you guys need anything...let me know on the meets i can make spokane or Coeur d'Alane...i Have a SQ car and a SPL....the SQ is running all Addictive Audio..except h/u.....the SPL is runnin all MMATS... I have worked in the industry for over 10 years spent most of my time at Audioshoppe...Please keep this thread alive...Would like to help organize a meet soon...maybe after this winter.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.