DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Morel Ultimo to this buyer: phenomjones. Wanted to see if anyone on the forum has sold anything to him. History of expensive Arc amps and some other car audio stuff. Seems okay but I'm extremely paranoid.

Anyone? He's selling one of those rare JBL Crown amps for like $2500.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does what bother me? The Crown amp? No concern there - just thought it was cool.

I really can't be getting screwed is all so, just checking up. Seems like a no. We all know how eBay can be.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Scary to sell on ebay anymore. 45 days to file a complaint and get a return. Anything can happen in 45 days to car audio gear.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Maybe only one in 1000 chance, that there might be an issue. I would not worry about it

Did you take note of the S/N and paid for shipping insurance?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Scary to sell on ebay anymore. 45 days to file a complaint and get a return. Anything can happen in 45 days to car audio gear.
I think that just changed to something like 6 months on PayPal. Buy a nice pair of Dyns, use them for 6 months, then return them to get your full money back. Messed up. Someone posted it here on the forum and it was due to kick in sometime this month (Nov 2014).

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Take video evidence of something in good working order, show newspaper with dates, all that rot - and you can still be screwed. But that's the risk you take, I suppose, to broaden your potential buyer pool.

All you can do is what you can do.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I think that just changed to something like 6 months on PayPal. Buy a nice pair of Dyns, use them for 6 months, then return them to get your full money back. Messed up. Someone posted it here on the forum and it was due to kick in sometime this month (Nov 2014).
Ouch!!! I thought I read that on here a while back but had not taken the time to confirm that info.
Quick way to put a small mom and pop out of business.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'm just going to have to sell it... nobody's buying a Morel for more than half of new here so, what am I gonna do... haha. Ohwell. I'm not a horder.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well I won't be selling it. As an honest seller, I can't. Seems it must have been damaged by my f'd up ZED Minotaur because it rattles a lot when operating - sounds sorta blown. Guess I'll get a recone kit for it. I had this Ultimo in a sealed box in there the first time I noticed the ZED going nuts. Guess I didn't noticed because I took it out of the car when I took out the ZED amp. Isn't that spectacular?! Of course now I get negative feedback filled with lies and half truths for being honest... awesome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts