DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked these up and wonder if anyone has ever heard them? Or did anyone know that B&W made car speakers? Did they make anything else for the car? Anyways, these are B&W LT-30 tweeters. Here's the pics:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone ever heard these? (Or of them?)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess no one has.

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
I heard a set, a LONG time ago. I don't remember anything about them. They guy had them sitting of the dash of an 81 Grand Prix. He had those and some 4x10's in the back. I really doubt it sounded very good.

BTW, they are nice speakers. B&W anything is good stuff. I have some B&W stuff in the house, love it.

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
Let me look at some old mag's tonight and see if I can find some info on them. I remember a Lamborghini LM002 install in CA&E that used B&W's similar to these.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice. Any more info would be great.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mid 1980's & sold in the US. There was also a mounting rack that let you slide the components into and position the woofers over the factory rear deck openings. I believe you could also bolt the components together and use them standalone. The woofers had a similar mounting flange arrangement as the tweeter and there were a couple different types. They were rare though even when they were current product. IIRC, the 2-way equivalent of an ADS 300i was as/more expensive than the ADS 320i.

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
Spyder is right on, they were modular, the mids looked just like these tweeters you have only wider. When together they made a plate type looking speaker.

I found this in the 87 Audio Magazine Annual Car Stereo Directory...

And this was the back cover of the 86 Car Stereo Magazine.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow, thanks for all the info guys. This is another reason I love this website.

·
The one true SQ freak
221 Posts
Holy crap! I havent seen these in forever! My brother's friend had a set of these in his Delorean.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you remember how they sounded?

·
The one true SQ freak
221 Posts
you remember how they sounded?
Hah uhh not really. I was still young. The only thing I can say is I remember my Dad said they sounded like his electrostatic speakers. Take that as you will...

·
Registered
73 Posts
81 Gran Prix and Delorean in one post! The mention of Cragar or air shocks and we'd be gold!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had airshocks on the rear of a 1978 Chevy Luv??
I also had a set of 14x7" Cragar SS rims with 60 series tires on my 87 GMC s-15.

Thread officially complete. /thread

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'll add this: My recollection is that this product was in response to B&W dealers asking for something they could sell to their home speaker customers. (That was the same types of dealers ADS sold to as well.). B&W never went beyond this product group however and eventually faded away.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I use the tweeters from the 801 series 2 home speaker in the car.
I also have LM50's and a couple sets of new LM60's on the shelf.
And don't forget Earl using their home drivers in his car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts