DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after hours/days/weeks/months on the interwebs. ive decided to go 3 way active. im going to be picking up a processor probably Helix c/p dsp , bit one or h800. i was originally going with arc audios black series but i think the sb acustics stuff is probably close enough to the same and for the price.... so im interested in the 4" midrange + 1" tweet to be used with my jbl 608's mids and possibly dual 608 mids. ;) to be more specific the 4" SB12NRX25-4 ($55) and the SB26STCN-C000-4 ($35) tweeter

SB acoustics Total $180 plus shipping

Another option would be scanspeak. but im wondering if anyone has experience with the scan discovery 10f 4" (closer to 3") mid ($110). and of coarse a scan illuminator D3004/6020 ($125) needs no recommendation

Scanspeak Total $470 plus shipping

The sb acustics tweeter seems from the response graph to have slightly better off axis response which would be helpfull since the mids and tweets will be mounted in custom a pillers most likely firing at the opposing front door windows (f250 crew cab)

other mids that were recommended were the Eton Symphony 3" Midrange 3-401/A8/25 MG, Matched Pair from madi as well as the a/d/s 344is on ebay for $80 a pair

Thoughs?opinions?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
If your looking for a 4" mid, why not the Scan 12m?
Cause its super $$$$ although amazing!

Well he already knows my opinion:)

ETON! although for $85 the a/d/s/ is REALLY hard to beat!

I ran the r3004_6020-00 tweets with my 608mids and it was great.. I had all intentions of using the etons in the mix until my truck melted to the ground with the tweets :(

Those mids will be some of the most detailed you can put in a vehicle I promise you!

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Well if it matters I'm getting mjy install ready which will use Peerless HDS Aluminum 4's that are on sale at Partsexpress for $25 each!!!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Now that looks like a real nice driver!
ive spent quite a lot of time listening to it, it doesnt require a tweeter at all, and plays much lower then you would believe, in a medium sized room,

im not certain how it will perform in a vehicle, but for $80/pair ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts