DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how they compare to the older mag coned excels. the specs look similar but with a little more xmax but less nominal power handling. i would think that the problems the excel had above 2khz would be dampened by the new coated paper cone(which would also be better for longetivity in a in-car environment).....anyone care to shed me some light???

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I'm not sure you can even buy these yet...

Nextel is a pretty durable finish though. Should hold up fine in the car I think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
npdang said:
I'm not sure you can even buy these yet...

Nextel is a pretty durable finish though. Should hold up fine in the car I think.
sure can, and already did. http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?cart_id=5179359.24323&pid=1940 they're supposed to be delivered on thursday according to tracking number. I'm just wondering if i made a good choice or not. It was between these and the lotus. also probably gonna run the lotus silk tweets or maybe some ribbons....still not to sure about tweets.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Sexy speaker... weird response indeed... but it does say it was obtained from a 12l box...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
npdang said:
Ah... let us know how they sound :)
will do, however i don't have nearly 1/1000th of the experience as you. This is gonna be my first diy active setup. Went from polk momo's > oz cs180 > boston pro60 > now my first diy setup. i have a feeling i'm going in way over my head...lol.

·
Registered
415 Posts
newtitan said:
fyi the new seas 4.5" are also avaliable at solen.ca

CA12RCY (H1152) 12cm 45hz-5000hz 63.30 each

http://www.seas.no/Basic Basser PDF/CA12RCY-H1152-08.pdf

this is the ca18's little brother right??

im going to order a pair today, so I can finally hear a seas driver for once
sigh...if only they made a G12xxx.. with that hard cone, it should have more detail (like the G18 vs CA18)! ..but i guess, thats what the L12RCY is for...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
any suggestions on some tweets to match the excels??? I was thinking either the lotus fabric tweets or the lcy ribbons while they're on sale. Whats the most amount of wattage i can feed the ribbons?? i may need to get a smaller amp if i go that route, which might push me towards the lotus tweets. Any help is appreciated.
thanks.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
If you can fit the ribbons, definitely try them out. It's a very different experience than your regular tweeter. Otherwise, if size or cost is an issue stick with the smaller lotus they are great tweets.

You don't have to worry about overpowering them. In a pinch I've used amps rated for 600x2 on them and it's fine as long as you keep the levels low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts