DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first came here for help setting up my current system a few years ago someone showed me a chart that showed the frequency response for the Dayton RSD180 7-inch drivers that showed all the natural peaks and valleys.

I have searched and searched and can't find here or on PartsExpress. Any chance someone knows where that is?

I would REALLY appreciate using it as a baseline to re-tune my system (lost my 35 hours of tuning from a battery reset and it has been years since I tuned it, I forgot where to even begin).

I already have the high and low pass info, but the dips and peaks would be nice to know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I'm sure you're referring to the Dayton RS180 whether it is the 8 or 4 ohm version, but have you checked partsexpress? On each driver's info page is a link to the right that contains frequency graphs.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Zaph|Audio - specifically, http://www.zaphaudio.com/6.5test. Keep in mind that yours won't be exactly the same as the datasheet or as Zaph's results due to production variances. It should be reasonably close if they haven't changed the speakers much over time, but sometimes they DO change a lot... Measuring it yourself is ideal, but if you can't/won't do that then I'd recommend Zaph's data.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you're referring to the Dayton RS180 whether it is the 8 or 4 ohm version, but have you checked partsexpress? On each driver's info page is a link to the right that contains frequency graphs.
I did check PE (mentioned above) and clicked more details and didn't see them. Maybe I didn't look hard enough? Whoops! :laugh:

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Tell me though... did it really help you that much to go by the graph? I would figure once in the car any and everything possibly changed except for large peaks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me though... did it really help you that much to go by the graph? I would figure once in the car any and everything possibly changed except for large peaks.
For some reason I remembered some nasty valley somewhere, but I think I was maybe thinking of the tweeter. I just wanted to get the best baseline possible.

I have 150 bands of EQ to manage for each channel... the more I can get to go by out of the box, the better.

And actually, just by getting those type of graphs for my subs, speakers and tweeters and setting all the crossovers appropriately and then leveling expected spikes or valleys the sounds is seriously tremendously better than it was.

I realize the car will change things, but I just like being thorough. Nothing wrong in that :D

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
150 bands of EQ?!!!! :eek: Then again I just thought about it.... individual EQ for each channel adds up... to a lot of headache! :rolleyes: But I can understand the graph's use now. Changed my drivers a while after I ran the RTA and tuning was off. I played around with the EQ of where my ears thought the problem was since I was to lazy to pull the RTA out again. Come to find out after looking at the same RS180 graph, yesterday I tried bringing down the rise between 150-250hz and smoothed things out pretty good. I guess the graph does have it's merits. Still need to RTA, but thanks for the quick adjust tip!:bowdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts