Discussion Starter #1
This amp looks really cool.
5 x 100
2 x 180
Dsp will eq both in & out channels from iphone
Spdif
And wifi hi res too
And it’s EISA 2021 winner for best product

I just downloaded the app and it’s not as good as helix’s but the fact that you can run all features of the dsp from your phone - including wifi streaming - is pretty damn cool. It looks to be very well developed.

I’ve barely heard anything about eton here, although I’ve seen them at madisound. I always thought they were a generic brand like aiwa or something.

Apparently they are high end - does anyone know anything about this dsp or eton in general?

·
Listener of Music
3,903 Posts
I think the amp's power distribution is not in line with a lot of people's goals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Eton is a speaker manufacture in germany. They make allot of really nice drivers including direct drop in door speakers for Bmw. You can buy their speakers from Madisound.com. Though I'm not for sure I believe their amps and dsps come from the same manufacture that manufactures for Nakimichi new amps and dsps. Eton is well respected in Europe for quality products.

·
Registered
56 Posts
By the way I wouldn't hesitate to buy that amp if it was under $800. Seems like a really nice solution for a full sq system. If it costs more than that I would look into helixs dsp amp offerings.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
This amp looks really cool.
5 x 100
2 x 180
Dsp will eq both in & out channels from iphone
Spdif
And wifi hi res too
And it’s EISA 2021 winner for best product

I just downloaded the app and it’s not as good as helix’s but the fact that you can run all features of the dsp from your phone - including wifi streaming - is pretty damn cool. It looks to be very well developed.

I’ve barely heard anything about eton here, although I’ve seen them at madisound. I always thought they were a generic brand like aiwa or something.

Apparently they are high end - does anyone know anything about this dsp or eton in general?
Someone can check me if I am incorrect on this. I thought years back when Diamond Audio speakers were really good, they were based or built off Eton. Back when they had the Hex Line and D9 series, I thought some of those lines were actually Eton.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way I wouldn't hesitate to buy that amp if it was under $800. Seems like a really nice solution for a full sq system. If it costs more than that I would look into helixs dsp amp offerings.
According to Siri it’s $854 in US dollars. But free shipping and tax is included. I wonder though if there’s any duty taxes though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eton is a speaker manufacture in germany. They make allot of really nice drivers including direct drop in door speakers for Bmw. You can buy their speakers from Madisound.com. Though I'm not for sure I believe their amps and dsps come from the same manufacture that manufactures for Nakimichi new amps and dsps. Eton is well respected in Europe for quality products.
I wonder why they aren’t mentioned here much - they look to be Helix’s / Match’s (not brax’s though) direct competitor - especially being German.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wonder why they aren’t mentioned here much - they look to be Helix’s / Match’s (not brax’s though) direct competitor - especially being German.
In a way, yes, but the DSPs from Audiotec Fischer in their line of amps are way more capable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In a way, yes, but the DSPs from Audiotec Fischer in their line of amps are way more capable.
Agreed. More intuitive too, and more professional.

But the eton looks to be worth trying out - not just for the wifi hi res but also the iPhone capability. I hate dragging out the laptop for helix adjustments.

I’m seriously thinking about getting one. My only issue is, I am yet to find another dsp that can work reliably without glitches. I’ve tried a handful of dsp’s and they seem to all have issues with the app to hardware communication. It must be hard to implement because helix is the only full featured dsp I’ve seen that works reliably.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts