DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about the same power, similiiar box size, the diamond has more throw, and less mounting depth

online they are about the same cost 300 or so

any back to back experience reports on these two?
I have no more than 1.2 cu ft, and 12000W

sub will be in a custom center console firing up or down

thx

·
Registered
578 Posts
IMO anything better than a D9, would have to be as good as a W7... and I personally like the D6 better than the D9 for SQ... And would also take a Dayton Ref HF over a D9.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so even with the limited throw and large box requirement of the 12" (it needs a larger box than the d9 or arc) youd still take it over them both?

is that due to price vs perfomance, or due to overall output and the trueness of the tonality

basically I want the same SQ as my A/d/s (as you have heard :)) with a tad more output if at all possible

thx by the way for all the input

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well if you are concerned with the SPL levels the TDX can manage, then I guess that would be the deciding factor since the D6 & HF aren't capable of that...

However, now that you mentioned the ADS 312rs.2 (the one I have heard & used) then by all means the D6 is the sub you want since I think it better than the ADS & it has more output capability. In 1.25^3 you'll need more than 600watts per sub to reach XMAX with the Diamond D6. I have mine in .9^3 on an Alpine MRD-M1001.

If SPL is not a concern then the Dayton HF is the obvious choice for me... should work fine in 1.25^3 sealed with 300-600watts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Titan, you wont blow it if you set it up right... You can adjust your gains accordingly...

I have 853watts measured @ 40hz going to my D6 12" from an amp bench tested @ 1100 watts @ 14v from the factory...

Now if you are like most SQ heads & listen to your system at moderate levels you wont get near that much output...

But hey 2 10's will sure be a bit nicer than a single 12 & you can definitely put 2 10" in 1.2^3 sealed. ;)

Let me know if you have trouble finding a Diamond sub... I may be able to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts