DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just want to know who on here has got Hertz HSK163.4 or HSK165XL (3way or 2way comps) in there car, i just want to find out what you think of them, what amp you are using to power them and if you have any pictures of them in you car????

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a set in one of my cars. I am running them with the Audison Voce crossover so the 3" and tweeter get two channels, the 6 1/2" get the other two channels of an Hertz HDP5. The subs obviously get the low pass channel. Stock deck into a BitTen to feed it all.

They are very clean and have a ton of mid-bass with great impact. Easily one of the best imaging cars I have heard in years. Tonally it is great as well. As a rep it makes it a really easy sale to my dealers. I have a fantastic sounding car with a retail price of under $2500.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i was persuaded earlier today to buy the hsk 6.5 components vs. focal/jl/ and other brands

but i am very interested to read some feedback from others as well. also vs. other brand
would be nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the hsk 165 last week and plan to get the hdp5 this weekend. I have the bit 10 d installed and right now with my jl hd900 amp, it's a very crisp speaker but a little harsh. probably need to broken in and better tuned. I'm getting the installer to tune the whole thing this weekend too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts