DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored one of these cheap. My question is can this unit be used as a crossover or does the alpine head unit crossover transfer to the unit via ainet connections. I looked at alpines website and downloaded the manual but did not find any mention of crossover. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have a friend who has one. This unit has no xover. Unlike the era-g180 which has a variable (50-120hz) LPF 18 db slope and a HPF as well (hpf cutoff is the same with the lpf but 12db).

hth

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I put this in my system am I screwed as far as my current active setup goes? I am using my alpine 9815`s built in 3 way crossover now.

·
Registered
578 Posts
The 9815 has a built in 5band parametric... much better than that old EQ you just got since you can pick the specific freq needed & adjust their Q.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would dump it off and try to make your money back.
I used to have one and sold it for what I paid for it,($160), because I wanted an Eclipse CD8454.

That is a 13 band graphic EQ and simple, very simple time alignment. Has a few more features but nothing to help you with an active set-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts