DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my best freinds is up in seattle, has an 08 hyundai elantra that needs a HU put in.

it has a radio delete option, but the job is extremely easy.

i am going to prewire the harness here and put it in the kit, all you need to do is:

1. pop out the trim bezel around the HU, use a philips screw driver to unscrew the stock blanking plate, plug the HU in, antenna in, and screw the kit back into the car, and pop the bezel back in.

shouldnt take more than 10 mins :)

hes not exactly handy and he went to a few shops who, after realizing he doesnt know jack about audio, tried to charge him 100 bucks for installation labor lol...

cant offer much money, hes a poor artist, but i am sure he can treat you to lunch or throw you 10 bucks. :)

let me know via PM.

it will occur in the next week or two, depends on when i get the HU in.

thanks in advance.

b

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'm nowhere near Seattle, but I had a comment- You might want to double check that he has an antenna and speakers in the vehicle since sometimes a radio delete option omits those also.

You probably already checked that, but I just wanted to bring it up..

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah i can do this, send me a PM when we need to get it done! Im in the queen anne area real near downtown Seattle.

·
Vendor
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, let me talk to my guy and let you know.

yueah unless hyundai decided to do someting different for this model year htan all their previous cars, it should have antenna and speakres in it. cuase they offer the "dealer option" stereo system upgrade and charge a boat load more, simply buy popping the trim off and plugging in the stock stereo lol.

it acutally prolly costs them MORE if they had to, for some of the cars, NOT put in the 50 cent speakres and antenna wire :)

b

1 - 5 of 5 Posts