DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know bout this amp?!? pics added!

A friend of mine loves PPI. He asked me if I knew anything about this amp, but I can't find anything on it. Anyone here know what this is? I Googled the model number, but got nothing. I like the look of it too and was thinking of one myself.

Any help would be awesome guys!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't post pics till I have 5 posts... So, when I get 5 legit posts, I will attach the pics.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
can you post the model number?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I can't say that I've ever heard of that model number. Can you give a physical/color description and number of outputs?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only info I have on it is from the pictures. I can't tell what it is. I like the looks of it though.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Re: Anyone know bout this amp?!? pics added!

A friend of mine loves PPI. He asked me if I knew anything about this amp, but I can't find anything on it. Anyone here know what this is? I Googled the model number, but got nothing. I like the look of it too and was thinking of one myself.

Any help would be awesome guys!

Thanks in advance.

It's a fake.

There are fake Kenwood and Alpine amps out there, too.

The giveaway is the bass and treble controls, the fake-ass Made in USA "OK" logo, and the "Low Frequency" [sic] crossover setpoint control.

Not to mention it has that cheap Chinese silkscreen lettering.

I'm surprised the "Protect" LED isn't labeled "Portect"

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

It's a fake.

There are fake Kenwood and Alpine amps out there, too.

The giveaway is the bass and treble controls, the fake-ass Made in USA "OK" logo, and the "Low Frequency" [sic] crossover setpoint control.

Not to mention it has that cheap Chinese silkscreen lettering.

I'm surprised the "Protect" LED isn't labeled "Portect"
I didn't even have to get that far to assume it was a fake. I own 3 original ArtSeries .2 amplifiers, and although I haven't purchased a PPI product since then, I've periodically checked into what they were offering. I've never seen that heatsink design before, but what popped out the most was the gold logo. I've never seen the dual-triangle design with the letters 'PPI' right next to it. It just didn't feel right, knowing about their past design language. When I got a look at the endcap, my suspicions were confirmed. It just looks all wrong: the fonts, the layout; everything.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts

I didn't even have to get that far to assume it was a fake. I own 3 original ArtSeries .2 amplifiers, and although I haven't purchased a PPI product since then, I've periodically checked into what they were offering. I've never seen that heatsink design before, but what popped out the most was the gold logo. I've never seen the dual-triangle design with the letters 'PPI' right next to it. It just didn't feel right, knowing about their past design language. When I got a look at the endcap, my suspicions were confirmed. It just looks all wrong: the fonts, the layout; everything.
They did:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
There's a whole fake ppi line of this in china. Check out yahoo china auctions.

The only overseas versions that aren't are my alpha audio ppi pass limited editions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts