DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This guy has some nice gear for sale, nib prices look tempting. Too good to be true? Is he a member here?

Gzpt 28sx 1.1" tweeters nib $370 obo
Jbl 670gti 2 way nib $440 obo
Etc..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His description says he's just a collector selling off unused items. I saved his inventory as search to see if he lists new items.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
He has been brought up in the past here and sells thru facebook , instagram , ebay and has his own website with generally higher prices. But i have never known anyone who bought anything from him, but also no negative posts around either.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought the L3 pro’s off him, should be arriving in a few days. I’ll update here if I can remember. Definitely will remember if it turns out bad.

Almost posted on here in the deals section. I don’t think his stuff is overpriced - got those L3’s for $170 plus tax. Hard to say though because that’s some serious old gear - like almost 15 years old potentially. There was a couple eBay sales of them for considerably more, but I have no idea what they are worth.

The brax 3.5’s look good too. And I also wonder about the L1 pro or the Seas tweeters - I bet they sound good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grabbed the ground zero tweeters. Don't really need them, but put in an offer that was accepted, so the price was right. I asked the seller about his collection, he said hes doing a one time sell-off, but he doesn't have everything listed.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Here’s his website:

eBay has these items for much cheaper, but you can get an idea of what’s coming up down the line.

Edit: hey he’s got some serious equipment. I saw a 8100 watt JBL amp, abyss, sound digital, brax matrix 3 ways, esotec 2 ways, tru technology, class A amps - crazy gear.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No kidding, that abyss is wild...$5k for 2 channels. I think I'll refrain from that impulse buy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I grabbed the ground zero tweeters. Don't really need them, but put in an offer that was accepted, so the price was right. I asked the seller about his collection, he said hes doing a one time sell-off, but he doesn't have everything listed.
How’d you like the GZ’s?

I got my HAT’s in and they sound phenomenal. I’m going HAT for my next project. Wish I would have known they were this good years ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Haven't had a chance to do a thing with them. I want to try HAT gear too (seems like 6 months ago a whole bunch of HAT stuff was up for sale around here and I wasnt ready to go after it). I wouldn't have known to try those l3 pros though, I would have been looking for l3se. Were the l3 pros something you were looking for or just the right price to try something HAT?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I just wanted to try a new brand and I needed 3.5’s. So tired of focal stuff. To get these HAT’s for $170 was a nice come up for me. Everything else was double the price.

But I started looking at HaT’s frequency response graphs and they are off the charts. Like accuton good. All their drivers are pretty much flat all the way to 20k. Nobody does that for 170 bucks.

Prior to viewing those graphs, I spent weeks looking at scans and tang’s and SB’s, graphs and they all break up around 5k.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What other mids have you tried? I'm fairly new to hobby, so I'm building up my inventory of gear to try to find out what I like so I'm curious to know if I have anything you've already tried.

·
Registered
548 Posts
So far only the gb25 from AF - and I found it hard to tune and play nice with the rest of the gear. I think morel cdm’s would be nice if they weren’t so expensive. My next choice would have been the unity 7.5 or the xcelsus 3.5 that is always for sale here (but lacks a frequency response graph). Sartori has a decent offering too but it’s rather deep.

It’s a tough segment of the market because there’s just not many drivers out there that are both affordable and come with FR graphs. The ones that are usually have breakup at 3-5k. I can’t wait til someone puts up some more HAT mids on here. I’d like to try any of the legatia or x series.

·
Registered
548 Posts
What other mids have you tried? I'm fairly new to hobby, so I'm building up my inventory of gear to try to find out what I like so I'm curious to know if I have anything you've already tried.
Stereo integrity is pre selling their M3 which is a 3.5 for $249. Said it will be delivered Dec 21.

Seriously thinking about going for it, but no FR graphs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts