DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hoping someone can answer these 2 questions i have. i called pioneer three time but each time it was like i was talking to a deer in headlights.

1. the manual states it has network mode, which appears to be active processing. i can't seem to find out if i can bandpass the mids though.

2. the manual states i must have a special pioneer mic to use the autoeq and t/a however i don't want to do that, i just want the t/a. anyone know if this is possible without buying the separate mic?

thanks to anyone who can chime in.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Yes, network mode gives you a bandpass crossover for the mids. If you are only concerned with TA, measure with a measuring tape, you do not need a mic for setting TA, just do it manually by carefully measuring from your listening position to the center of each speaker, be accurate with your measurements.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, network mode gives you a bandpass crossover for the mids. If you are only concerned with TA, measure with a measuring tape, you do not need a mic for setting TA, just do it manually by carefully measuring from your listening position to the center of each speaker, be accurate with your measurements.

thanks. i am not "concerned" about the t/a, i just don't want to be forced to buy their mic only to find i didn't need it to begin with. the way it read the mic was a necessity to enable t/a but it only talked about the t/a in conjunction with the autoeq.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
thanks. i am not "concerned" about the t/a, i just don't want to be forced to buy their mic only to find i didn't need it to begin with. the way it read the mic was a necessity to enable t/a but it only talked about the t/a in conjunction with the autoeq.
The mic is only necessary if you want to use the auto tuning. You can set TA, and everything else manually, without the mic (which I recommend anyway).

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts