DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kenwood KAC-1021?

KAC-1021 Manual

Anyone remember or own that amp? I have very fond memories of it. For anyone who is not familiar with that amp, how does it make you feel when I compare and am proud to run it with these?

For the record I plan to use it for my midbass. The amp is from 1991 though, and the rca jacks are a bit loose. The speaker connections are oxidized as well. Need to replace all of that. Anyone know where to get some decent rca jacks that dont cost $80 each?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Anyone remember or own that amp? I have very fond memories of it. For anyone who is not familiar with that amp, how does it make you feel when I compare and am proud to run it with these?
Makes me feel the same way I feel about all the old companies that went mainstream and put quantity > quality...

Nice set of amps you got there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes me feel the same way I feel about all the old companies that went mainstream and put quantity > quality...

Nice set of amps you got there.
Aint that the truth. This amp was made in Japan, not China, and the difference in quality shows. When I take it apart I'll post some pics of the guts... The thing is loaded. It even has left and right power supplies. Its been sitting in storage for years, I had forgot I had it. I'm very happy to have it, as I recall it has produced some of the most accurate and tight midbass punch I've ever heard. I was searching out another McIntosh amp as well, but now I can put that money towards better drivers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
We used to sell those, although we didn't sell many 1021's. Sold 621's and 821's by the truckload though! Great old school amps there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We used to sell those, although we didn't sell many 1021's. Sold 621's and 821's by the truckload though! Great old school amps there.
Yeah? How much did those used to sell for? I know they retailed for around a $1000-$1100. That would explain why you didn't sell many.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great amp!!!! one of the baddest in that time.

Huge...heavy....when is hot is really hot and need a lot of juice too.

I think kenwood's series 20's, 21's and 23's were the best ones in their story.

By the way...proud owner of a kAC-923...i would buy another pair for my sq system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts