DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kenwood KAC-1021?

KAC-1021 Manual

Anyone remember or own that amp? I have very fond memories of it. For anyone who is not familiar with that amp, how does it make you feel when I compare and am proud to run it with these?

For the record I plan to use it for my midbass. The amp is from 1991 though, and the rca jacks are a bit loose. The speaker connections are oxidized as well. Need to replace all of that. Anyone know where to get some decent rca jacks that dont cost $80 each?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Anyone remember or own that amp? I have very fond memories of it. For anyone who is not familiar with that amp, how does it make you feel when I compare and am proud to run it with these?
Makes me feel the same way I feel about all the old companies that went mainstream and put quantity > quality...

Nice set of amps you got there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes me feel the same way I feel about all the old companies that went mainstream and put quantity > quality...

Nice set of amps you got there.
Aint that the truth. This amp was made in Japan, not China, and the difference in quality shows. When I take it apart I'll post some pics of the guts... The thing is loaded. It even has left and right power supplies. Its been sitting in storage for years, I had forgot I had it. I'm very happy to have it, as I recall it has produced some of the most accurate and tight midbass punch I've ever heard. I was searching out another McIntosh amp as well, but now I can put that money towards better drivers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great amp!!!! one of the baddest in that time.

Huge...heavy....when is hot is really hot and need a lot of juice too.

I think kenwood's series 20's, 21's and 23's were the best ones in their story.

By the way...proud owner of a kAC-923...i would buy another pair for my sq system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts