DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of swapping out my Lrx 1.1k mono (sub) amp for an Lrx 3.1k.
This will give me the 6 ch needed to drive a 3 way front stage actively.
I would use the stereo (170w/ch @ 4ohms) to drive the Dyn MW 162s, and the mono ch (700w @ 4 ohms) to drive the sub.
That would free up the 4ch of the Lrx 4.1k I have to drive the mids and tweets.
Anyone have comments about this amp, performance, price, etc?
Thanks
Craig

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I own one. Cannot comment much on midrange and highs since I am running my midbasses and sub with it. The only thing that I can say though is to use the lowpass on the sub - there is a technology on this amp that helps control the sub output and it only works with the lowpass working on the amp. Or else it will sound a bit muddy.

I would recommend running the 3.1k to your midbass since it has more power than the other channels of your 4.1k.

Hope that helps,
Kelvin

PS: couldn't be happier

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I agree^. Use your 4.1k for the mids/tweets and the 3.1k for the mb/sub.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that is exactly what I plan to do.
Run the midbass (Dyn MW 162) and sub (IDQ10 V3) with the Lrx 3.1k.
And the Lrx 4.1 would run the mids (MD 102) and tweets (MD 142).
I really want to get the mids and tweets off of the passive xover which will give me flexibility/adjustability of xover points and slopes thru the Bit 1.
I was thinking of adding another 2 ch amp, but just don't want to give up more area in the hatch of an 07 Corvette.
Then it came to me in the middle of the night.
Just swap out the mono Lrx 1.1k for the Lrx 3.1k which is only 2" longer. It will fit in the current amp rack with only minor modification.
Power/ground cables are already there. I just have to run some RCA and speaker cables.
I'm getting prices of around $1200. Which isn't cheap, but I get what I'm looking for. At least for now. Is there no end ?:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Where have you been looking?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Two local dealers here in Los Angeles, so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts