1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
ew. And why buy from Ebay?

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
I had a set that was purchased and installed in a car that I was trading in. Sales guys thought it was the best sounding system since sliced bread. If this is a budget build and you aren't interested in quality, then yes go for it. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
That's not good.... plus I don't trust any sales person unless I've had time to pick their brain. May be that's what I'll do today: go out to the car audio stores and test the youngens' knowledge.... :laugh:

Anywho... Cadence seems to be very hit or miss. Used to be a solid company when they first started. Ongoing story with the rest of the industry...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
96db :O

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Good lawd those crossovers are small! :mad: Signs of inferiority IMO... There's no way you can fit quality components in that casing.

Don't ya just love the way he handles his gear, crappy or not? The last time one of my buddies started pressing on the cones of one my Jamo's I was about to get straight silverback on his butt! :bash: He hasn't been back to my house since...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
crazy. pretty much on a budget, I think I'm somewhat of a in the middle person. I do like my clarity, but I also like my bass to hit. I'm gearing toward similar to a studio like system (I have a tendency to turn up the bass a little more though, not so much but enough to know "hey, there's bass). hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
I wouldn't make a stink about it though.... when it comes to small drivers as such the most you should expect is some decent fundamentals with good tom drum range articulation. Still not bad if you know what you're doing. I've had Audax 4" in the dash mate up with a Dayton DVC better than a 6.5" in the doors. Shocked the crap out of me! Goes to show that sometimes we can go to far and that psychoacoustics is sometimes better than paper mathematics...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't make a stink about it though.... when it comes to small drivers as such the most you should expect is some decent fundamentals with good tom drum range articulation. Still not bad if you know what you're doing. I've had Audax 4" in the dash mate up with a Dayton DVC better than a 6.5" in the doors. Shocked the crap out of me! Goes to show that sometimes we can go to far and that psychoacoustics is sometimes better than paper mathematics...
I might just get them to have the exp. of it lol. good or bad.
Don't want to start another thread -

I was doing some reading on my Zeus HZ 10's. I have a sealed box right now, it's okay ... would like to have a ported one honestly. I read that ported, the cu has to 0.7 cubic ft. I don't have the tools to build a box, so I went searching on the net and found a box that is 1.6 cubic ft. total (dual 10" vented). I have to of the HZ's, and was wondering if it's okay to be over about 0.2 cubic ft than suggested total (total I should have 1.4 cubic ft. right)?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts