DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2004 Rav4 (2)JL900/5 MiniDsp 8x12(Dirac) LPG26NA GS25 Epique180-44 (2)Um12
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are about as small as widebanders come and are in a nice quality tier. Is the sparkle still missing in nice little drivers like these?

I was pretty sure I wouldn’t get the “tinker” bug but it’s starting to happen. I’m very happy with my gs25’s and lpg26na sails but I always want to simplify things down to what a 5ch can do.

I’m thinking Ram2 in sails or dash corners, Dayton rs180s in doors and Dayton UM18 IB through the floor later this fall if my last efforts at crossing my gs25’s directly to my ho10” in footwell enclosure simply won’t provide a proper image, which I’m starting to loose faith in happening.

· Registered
2004 Rav4 (2)JL900/5 MiniDsp 8x12(Dirac) LPG26NA GS25 Epique180-44 (2)Um12
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just want to mention that I’m absolutely fine with a non-symmetrical install to get widebanders on axis. I think something small like this would work wonderfully in dash corners pointing directly at my head.

· Registered
236 Posts
I have my Ram 2's in my a pillars but they are firing straight across instead of on axis so I may not be able to help much. I have tried running them full range and they are decent but I do feel they are missing some at the very top end. It is really noticeable once I go to my setting with my tweeters turned on. I think they would do a pretty good if they were on axis and I have thought about rebuilding my pillars to give it a try but I'm still working to get my current setup sounding as good as I can.

I will say though that I absolutely love the AP mids as they sound fantastic.

· Registered
477 Posts
What would be perfect for this would be using BMR drivers. Unfortunately there aren't many available and the ones you can find are low sensitivity. That being said I was very pleased with the sound I got from these in the kicks high passed to stock door midbass at 600hz, just couldn't get the output I desired.

They definitely had better highs then the Fostex FF85WK when I had those on axis in the corner of my dash. The Fostex was ran off my head unit in network mode and the Tectonic was tuned by an MS-8 so it's some what an unfair comparison. I will say the highs had similar "sparkle as the Bliesma T25A-6 in kicks also tuned by an MS-8.

Here's a review off ErinH's site. Definitely worth playing with for the price, got my pair for $12 and tacked them on to a larger order that already qualified for free shipping.

Tectonic Elements TEBM35C10-4 Miniature BMR® Driver Review

Wish there were more drivers using BMR technology. Found a 5.25" or 6.5" online but they were overseas and $300... to much for an unknown driver for me. Surprised car audio companies don't make any.

· Registered
477 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.