DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a single 8" Arc Audio D2 tuned to 32 hz? I like this basic design...I will pay $$ LMK, thanks.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Do you have any specs for the sub? how about size requirements? if can wait till this weekend i'll do it for you for free... i just got my new computer yesterday and i'm still reinstalling all my programs... gotta find out where i put my Bass Box Pro 6 cd... :p

Leo

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sure thing boss, here are the tech specs (link below reply). Its an Arc Audio Arc Series 8D2 sub. I want a slot type port tuned to 32 or 33hz. No special size requirements as it doesnt need to fit anywhere special or custom. Just an average joe-schmoe rectangular box is fine. For the height, just leave about 1.5" on either side of the sub, so total height could be around 11" or so, whatever works. I will be using 3/4" MDF. Remember its the 8" D2 sub. Can your program create a cut sheet layout as well? Thanks again mane...

Tech specs PDF file: http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/pdf/arc_series_04.pdf
And here: http://www.arcaudio.com/arc-05/subwoofers/arc_8d2.htm

·
Registered
144 Posts
i can build a abc box for ya :cool:

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Are you using manufacturer specs for this or will you be measuring the actual driver's spec? Also, designing using small signal parameters doesn't take into account driver and port linearity. Basically, how accurate do you need it :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
So, what is the design objective? Why the fixed port frequency?

A ported box with a net volume (not including driver, braces and port) of 14.5 litres yields a uniform group delay responce and roll off frequency at about 38 Hz, while a 25 litre box yields at poorer group delay but extension down to almost 30 Hz.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
npdang said:
Are you using manufacturer specs for this or will you be measuring the actual driver's spec? Also, designing using small signal parameters doesn't take into account driver and port linearity. Basically, how accurate do you need it :)
Well the manuf specs say tune to 34 hz, but I wanted to try a bit lower. I want to see how well this sub can do as a SQL setup. Its only a test guys. So then whoever wants to design me this box email me at [email protected] and I will get you all the tech specs you need. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the range for "SQL" tuning? It seems that to try and get that tuning to work, the port length is just too long.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If it is in-car SQL you are after, 32 Hz is way to low. You want to port it quite a bit higher then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts