DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..looking for anyone here with the z-studio speakers installed and need some feedback on them.
I do seriously considering these and z-series and need some user with experience and fair amount of time with them to give me heads up.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I did some searches of there within the past year or so and people have heard them and compared them to other brands. Mostly comments on the tweeters though

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i saw that...look like everybody is stunned.But not many people have them...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently use Mp-Z Studio Tweeter + Midrange.

Tweeter : WOW. The best soft dome tweeter I have ever heard.

Midrange : Its Clarity is unbeaten. Very detail and smooth. Very recommended for audiophile/slow music. But not all genres are covered. For example, not recommended for Rock or something like that

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool.nice to hear that.are you running on axis or off axis?

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fragile?You mean the cone?

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Yes, you must extra careful not to park your car in direct sunlight. Don't let children put their finger at the cone, also do not clean it by water. :)
Holy ****! They made 'em out of Gremlins!

·
Banned
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, you must extra careful not to park your car in direct sunlight. Don't let children put their finger at the cone, also do not clean it by water. :)
im wonder if you can drive with them in car.
No seriously i know they sensitive but i would not go bananas with them.Speakers are for music and car and they have to serve the purpose

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just joined DIY and stumbled on your thread.Sharing your drivers in this build...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/126422-toms-gerry.html

I've used Z series tweets and midrange and quite happy with the details...but when I tried the z -studio tweeters I came to enjoy again songs I've heard a thousand times due to small details coming out which were not present with the older tweets..

Power it can be driven hard and can handle it but for midbass drivers the team are using Seas.They've tried Z and 7 series but Seas more responsive.

The car has no tint so I avoid parking for long periods of time outdoors...but I think any speaker in direct sunlight will be damaged as well.

For the foil it's one characteristic I like with the speakers considering it's hand made and produced in small batches,was told a country can't order in bulk but has rations per series so as to reach all distributors...but that is just me

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
wow those are some restrictions:confused:
Better than the Focal Be tweeter restrictions. If you touch a Be tweeter with your finger, the oil from your finger causes a chemical reaction that may cause the Be surface to break-up, rendering one of a pair of tweeters worth $2k useless. Not only that, but if the Be material starts coming off, be careful, because its toxic to humans.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi..looking for anyone here with the z-studio speakers installed and need some feedback on them.

I do seriously considering these and z-series and need some user with experience and fair amount of time with them to give me heads up.

I know xemul who has them. PM him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts