DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crazy idea of putting a pair into kickpanels and mate them with horns...

got a pair yet cheapboy? :mrgreen:

·
****ty D.I.Y. installer
71 Posts
185 shipped? hmmmm...that may be cheap enough to entice me to pick up a pair, send em to cheapboy/npdang, check em myself, and use whichever performs better

(Compared to Seas drivers I ordered that will mate with Fountek Neo 3's)....

hmmmmmm....tempting

·
Registered
492 Posts
Their midrange is beyond outstanding, I think in a sealed pod these would be hard to beat. Running them in ib isnt exactly a native environment for them tho, the powerhandling seems to drop a tad in ib but they still blew away alot of mids ive heard midbass wise. In sealed doorpods im sure they would be nuts. Id like to see NPDANG's opinion of these drivers as well, get some to test!

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
If anyone wants to send me a single driver, I'd be more than happy to test it. I didn't bother purchasing one myself due to the mounting depth and size.

·
****ty D.I.Y. installer
71 Posts
I only found one pair for sale on sounddomain, and it actually specifies just for trade. I still dropped a line in. If anyone else sees some missing ad that I didn't and wants to guide me to it, I'll happily buy (at 185 shipped, that is) and send it in for testing....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the link newtitan,
your review seems very thorough,
I do wish that cheapboy could do some non-linear distortion tests on the midrange though.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
The RE mid actually was a fairly good performer distortion wise, at least comparable to a Vifa xt... and not bad at all given it's somewhat budget oriented construction. But the bass performance/output wasn't really what I felt was "advertised", and sensitivity was rather low. T/S parameters were fairly accurate as well... which couldn't be said of some drivers I've measured.

Can't wait to see a XXX :) Someone send me one :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts