DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on building either an aperiodic or sealed enclosure for the rear "rear swinging" doors in my Colorado extended cab. I have a decent amount of space to work with, plenty for either configuration. A sealed box would require me to build a fiberglass enclosure, which Im willing to do. A aperodic enclosure would probably be the easiest to fabricate but certainly the hardest to tune. My understanding of aperodic enclosures is that either side of the enclosure has to be completely sealed from the other side. Seeing that this sepaker is going in the door on the inside of the truck and the only thing sealing it off from the cabin is the molded plastic interior peices, which are quite flimsy on their own.

I will be using two elemental designs 9Kv.2 8 inch subs, one in each door. Idealy each sub requires .35cF in a sealed enclosure. Anyhow my question is this, because of the location would I be better off just making a sealed enclosure? Im looking for SQ, would both types of enclosures produce generally the same quality? Or would I be better off trying something else?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I would go sealed and keep it simple. An aperiodic enclosure is just a small sealed box that acts like a much bigger sealed box.... it's used to save space, and nothing more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.