DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering going the APF8.9. I am currently using the little brother ap8.9 to power the ap 6.5” 2 ohm mid, scanspeak 12m, Cal27 tweeters, and an Ap10” sub.

I am looking to switch to the APF8.9, swapping my ap speakers for a set of Boston SPZ60s I have and bridge them then add a sub amp and a different sub.

My question is if the APF8.9 has any chance of being stable to 3ohm bridged. They list 4 ohm.

· Registered
276 Posts
I have the same AP F8.9 Bit and I don't think you will be disappointed. Whether or not it will handle a 3ohm load bridged, however, I can't say. Right now I am running a set of JL C1 components up front and have a pair of 10" JL W0s under the back seat (bridged to each sub). There is more than enough power to run everything but I'd be a little hesitant running bridged at 3ohms. It's an expensive mistake if it happens not to like it.

· Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same AP F8.9 Bit and I don't think you will be disappointed. Whether or not it will handle a 3ohm load bridged, however, I can't say. Right now I am running a set of JL C1 components up front and have a pair of 10" JL W0s under the back seat (bridged to each sub). There is more than enough power to run everything but I'd be a little hesitant running bridged at 3ohms. It's an expensive mistake if it happens not to like it.
Thanks. Other thing I am considering is going with JL vxi amps but that would not be cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.