DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

201 - 220 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
This 10 channel can be thought of as 5 APL1's in a single chassis pcb design with some additional (great) dsp features.
Yeah, C5 adds some pretty neat DSP features. You can also get more info about what Workshop is doing. Fir example, this is a graph of an FIR file created with Workshop:

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
No video yet....uugh !

I’m installing the 1012 now , C5 doesn’t seem to load up right I get license error
Can’t connect to dsp
Stuck can’t do anything as of now

Is there a way I can load the files using cmd or anything, I’ll just use rephase files if I have to, although would be nice to get it to work. Are fir on a sd card somewhere? Do I absolutely have to connect using C5?

Emailed Raimonds......waiting for response.
Sorry a little grouchy just worked a 20hr shift trying to get this to connect and nothing.
Well 10 of it on Apl.

Also what is this about

Ch 1,2 =1w
3,4=2w
5,6=3w
7,8=4w
9,10=5w

Is this mean channel 9,10 is 2.83v (1w) x5 output on analog rca that’s like 11.5v am I understand this right,

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Anyone want to make a little $$$$ to provide phone support?

This waiting on emails is no fun I think if someone could just talk to me and walk me through some of the setup I could breeze through this
I need to get this thing working stat

·
Registered
731 Posts
Man you have too many DSP. minidsp now this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
710 Posts
No video yet....uugh !

I’m installing the 1012 now , C5 doesn’t seem to load up right I get license error
Can’t connect to dsp
Stuck can’t do anything as of now

Is there a way I can load the files using cmd or anything, I’ll just use rephase files if I have to, although would be nice to get it to work. Are fir on a sd card somewhere? Do I absolutely have to connect using C5?

Emailed Raimonds......waiting for response.
Sorry a little grouchy just worked a 20hr shift trying to get this to connect and nothing.
Well 10 of it on Apl.

Also what is this about

Ch 1,2 =1w
3,4=2w
5,6=3w
7,8=4w
9,10=5w

Is this mean channel 9,10 is 2.83v (1w) x5 output on analog rca that’s like 11.5v am I understand this right,
Was the software installed to a USB drive? That's the best place to install it so it can be used on multiple computers. Was the license file sent to Raimonds after the install? If not, that needs to be done, and he will send a file back, and then you'll be good to go. His DRM is pretty strong on these, presumably because a previous business partner screwed him over.

As far as the channels go, you are looking at the crossover page, correct? The 1w, 2,w, etc,.. refers to have many ways your setup is. 1 being the subs and working your way to higher frequencies as you go up in numbers.

I've sent you a PM with my number for phone support. Do you have TeamViewer installed and an internet connection good enough to support it?

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Was the software installed to a USB drive? That's the best place to install it so it can be used on multiple computers. Was the license file sent to Raimonds after the install? If not, that needs to be done, and he will send a file back, and then you'll be good to go. His DRM is pretty strong on these, presumably because a previous business partner screwed him over.

As far as the channels go, you are looking at the crossover page, correct? The 1w, 2,w, etc,.. refers to have many ways your setup is. 1 being the subs and working your way to higher frequencies as you go up in numbers.

I've sent you a PM with my number for phone support. Do you have TeamViewer installed and an internet connection good enough to support it?

Aaahhhh thank you!

I will go grab my pc and call in 10min

No no team viewing and my shop internet is so slow it’s on a old t1 that is on a CAN to 5 diffrent states with a server in Seattle. I’m lucky to see 1mbps more like 500k

But yes thank you!

It’s not for me , I have a guy from the forums (here) that sent me his car 2000miles away to do his install, and boy oh boy we went to the 9s with this thing, it’s going to be kick ass when it’s done.

Needless to say he and I are on the clock and I want to do like the best job ever on tuning his car , and any info just getting fluent with apl is so much appreciated, he’s getting it shipped back his home state soon and I’m running short on time.

Guys thank you for any help.

Ramionds is great , he’s helping too , I hope he can understand the amount of hours I have into this build and the urgency of getting it done promptly.
And hope he knows I do appreciate his help.

Okay the “ways” I get it now. I like the terminology “channels” a lot better , but it don’t matter now I get it, i was like what is this broken English or something lol. Now it makes sense......

I was running some sims on rephase , this thing has decent power in fir .....very decent, more than minis HDs not quite a opendrc but for 10ch this thing is a powerhouse. I definitely worried about doing everything in fir, eq and phase ,
Hope I don’t run out of coefficients at 96k tuning horns.

The IB should need very little eq it should play mostly flat on its own , no box to cause problems.

I’m very curious how this thing sounds!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Any pics or a build log? Would love to see the final install!

Hope to install my APL 1012 within the next month, been sitting boxed up for almost a year need to get this badboy going. Dont suppose you have the time to make a video on the 1012 process? Or maybe some screen pics of the settings used/not used. Just to wrap my head around it. 🙂

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Any pics or a build log? Would love to see the final install!

Hope to install my APL 1012 within the next month, been sitting boxed up for almost a year need to get this badboy going. Dont suppose you have the time to make a video on the 1012 process? Or maybe some screen pics of the settings used/not used. Just to wrap my head around it. 🙂

TONS of pics

I’m going wait for him to post a build log out of respect. I don’t want to be that guy (yet) his car his build, if he wants to share , although it’s pretty badass he should definitely at least show off them kicks! Got 60hrs just on kicks alone.

This thing is going to be dope as ****

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
What kind of latency numbers you guys been seeing ?

I’m using a vxi amp for rears and it has a limited amount of delay on the outputs.
And it’s not running through the apl , so I wil have to align with delay ,

Are you guys under 30ms

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Oabeieo, have any success with the tuning? If so how did you like the process and outcome?
I’m super excited to try it

Raimonds is mad at me for some reason

(I think he’s still mad at me for poking fun at the apl1, which was rather duschy of me , the 1012 is bass ass little dsp , I’m super excited to hear it

I’ve waited three days now for him to send the license key, he won’t respond my emails now. Or he’s taking his sweet time,

Kinda sucks because this single job is like half my months pay and if I can’t deliver by end of month I’m fucked! Would be so bad if I didn’t have 10 defendants that live off my paychecks.

So I’m waiting, I hope he sends it soon. I’m I really think I’m going to like it.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Kinda sucks because this single job is like half my months pay and if I can’t deliver by end of month I’m fucked! Would be so bad if I didn’t have 10 defendants that live off my paychecks.
Were those 10 defendants convicted of guilt by association?

·
Premium Member
8,871 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I work in the live event world with video gear, the software looks very similar to that. For example, download and run NovaLCT or dbstar. It’s pretty clear to me that Raimonds designed the software with the pro market in mind. Because of this, there is a steep learning curve. The bonus is that once you learn it, it can literally take just a couple minutes to measure, add filters, and send those filters to to the unit.

Also, if you want to change house curves, you don’t have to remeasure, just apply that curve to the original measurement, then send it to the unit.

The software looks intimidating, but is pretty easy to work with once you learn it.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We ended up going a different direction,
I got it to work, and it would crash. I got the 1st measurements done and it crashed
I was trying to load crossovers and gave up. It just would boot me off

John had informed me that the presets are eq only so that along with the crashing
And the hourly rate we decided go with a minidsp , it does what the guy wants
By having presets that can turn off channels, and has Dirac live so it’s still a win win
And he has another device upstream also that has tons of fir ability so any residual group delay can be dealt with quite easily. I promised I wouldn’t spill the beans, but think million tap filters if one wanted. (Jel)

I am super impressed with the TDA software, that works so good. Way better than I thought it would I am definitely thinking about buying a copy for me.
I like tda very much. So much easier than reading impulses.

I wish I coulda heard it tho. Dang it. And this guy will have more fun with the mini being all his amps work off one dsp instead of having the apl and that another dsp for his rears.
And not having to worry about fir delay between the dsps . That makes tuning no fun, and if the apl has impulse offsets longer than 20.21ms the rears just wouldn’t have worked anyway.

On the 1012 tho the crossovers have a cutoff frequency for both the sides of the crossover that can’t be altered? Meaning, if you cross the sub at 100 the mid is 100 and no way to enter it diffrent forced complimentary crossover.

Makes me wonder if he does forward-backward filtering on that, it would give better stopband attinuation , the inband amplitude would carry the error which could be eq if I remember reading about backward running fir. Possibly saves taps too....so where he wanted overlapping speakers wouldn’t have had to do the peq option on crossovers. Not that that’s horrible, just one more thing that made this not the best option for this install , although would have still worked in a roundabout way. Just seemed like a lot of things to manage and work just to turn off a speaker pair or change a crossover slope or time align to another dsp.
But I digress,

Very curious about this dsp tho. Still has a lot of good things going on, for a traditional multi-way it could be one of the best. Definitely top 3 in my book

Another day I’ll get to work on one. Maybe I’ll buy one for a project.

I think the install drive was messed up I don’t know. But it all worked out well and worked out better for this particular setup

201 - 220 of 233 Posts