DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
General question; Since I am using a ported subwoofer my port tune is 33Hz, so I have the SSF on the amp set around 27Hz.

When using Workshop, the measurement I assume will reflect the percieved bass slope and try to compensate to match an EQ curve, which usually keeps a flat response to 20Hz, thus defeating the purpose of the ssf? So am I wrong in thinking when making my own custom EQ curves, I should build a high pass about 25Hz into the curve so APL doesnt try to boost below my ssf?

Also, the APL1012 the clipping lights on the output panel - what exactly does this indicate (aside the obvious), and how to fix should it be clipping?

If Fb is at 33Hz I’d remove the highpass. My sub is tuned at 32 and I never used any filters on it. Otherwise you can create the filter in workshop after measuring.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
As in when your done with the workflow described in the manual, and performed measurements as uniform as possible, the soundstage will sound equivalent whether one is sitting the the driver seat or passenger seat of a car?

You have to keep in mind that you are setting time alignment to a particular seat in the dsp. So if you set your time alignment setting up for the drivers seat and you run the measurements and corrections it will NOT sound equivalent between the driver and passenger seats because of your time alignment settings.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
You have to keep in mind that you are setting time alignment to a particular seat in the dsp. So if you set your time alignment setting up for the drivers seat and you run the measurements and corrections it will NOT sound equivalent between the driver and passenger seats because of your time alignment settings.
Thanks that makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
What if I tune with an APL with no time alignement? Will I get a decent 2 seats system?

Probably too simple but just asking.

No. Not unless you have path lengths within about 8 inches or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
You can get great tonality, but don't expect to get accurate imaging.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry for the wait. A basic workflow is already included in the pdf file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sMad-ujMQbrxfMOzGlNTeZpGExsYpMcx

Edit: Dropbox don't work for some reason...
Hi Hanatsu

Could not follow the 5th step of the work flow in the manual made by you.

.......5. Add your target curve by use of the unit’s input EQ. Use the 5th unit field of C5 software to manage that......

Pls elaborate this (step by step if possible).

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Hi Hanatsu

Could not follow the 5th step of the work flow in the manual made by you.

.......5. Add your target curve by use of the unit’s input EQ. Use the 5th unit field of C5 software to manage that......

Pls elaborate this (step by step if possible).

Thanks

It chooses whatever "mode" you got on the switch to send filters to. If you import a fir file of a fullrange measurement you can use it as "overall EQ". You can import different curves you choose in workshop to use. 0 and 6-15 are available iirc. 1-5 are used by the 10 outputs of the unit. Just import it as you would with any fir filter.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Anyone doing a video tutorial? Step by step workflow process, Workshop/TDA/C5

I know I can stumble my way to success, but its always helpful to see someone else go at it. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
It chooses whatever "mode" you got on the switch to send filters to. If you import a fir file of a fullrange measurement you can use it as "overall EQ". You can import different curves you choose in workshop to use. 0 and 6-15 are available iirc. 1-5 are used by the 10 outputs of the unit. Just import it as you would with any fir filter.
Do we need to apply target curve (Mp1) in the workshop to the initial/raw measurements for each way/speaker.

And then import the measuments in respective ways of C5.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Do we need to apply target curve (Mp1) in the workshop to the initial/raw measurements for each way/speaker.

And then import the measuments in respective ways of C5.

No. Target curve is set in C5. I’ll try do a better explaination later

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have the adapter. I’ve used it for my helix usb input for two or so years. Just need to k ow if it works on this dsp.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

Finally installed and tuned my 1012 which was purchased in April.

Extremely happy with the results. The sound is so much detailed now. Centre staging is almost perfect. Never heard such sound before. And this is just with basic tune and left-right TA by ear.....TA and crossover check between each way still to be learnt and done with Tda.

Thank you Hanatsu, LumbermanSVO , An.vamv and all others who have shared the setup procedure and guide.

And many thanks to Raimonds...the mastermind behind this unit.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Does anyone have the APL1012 and is using a car audio head unit as their source, with analog inputs into the APL?

I’m considering the 1012 with a Sony RSX-GS9 as the source, running analog RCA from the Sony.

I’m curious about the input voltage range on the APL1012.

161 - 180 of 229 Posts