DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I can't find my Apple charging adapter, but the standard Digital Camera Kit and my Amazon cheapie Charging Digital Camera Adapter both work fine and the charging one charges again.

It still pops up and says that it is unsupported, but it works.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find my Apple charging adapter, but the standard Digital Camera Kit and my Amazon cheapie Charging Digital Camera Adapter both work fine and the charging one charges again.

It still pops up and says that it is unsupported, but it works.

I bought a Henkur one off amazon and it won't connect to play music but will charge beyond annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mine was the cheapest one I could find, just for the sake of testing. I figure if it works everything will.

What does yours do when you plug it in Redliner99?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was the cheapest one I could find, just for the sake of testing. I figure if it works everything will.

What does yours do when you plug it in Redliner99?

Something about "bravo hd not having enough power to support accessory" or something along those lines. A friend who has an iPhone 8 his works find my 7 plus does not

·
Registered
507 Posts
Bump any one try the apple adapater for charging on ios13?

Just updating as I type and will try the usb hec later as I installed a bt hec because I was getting an error ‘this device isn’t recognised’ or similar, you know the one that pops up when your cheap charging cable is is on its way out

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just updating as I type and will try the usb hec later as I installed a bt hec because I was getting an error ‘this device isn’t recognised’ or similar, you know the one that pops up when your cheap charging cable is is on its way out

Keep me posted please I thought about going to Bluetooth but Apple doesn't support atpx (from what I have been told) and apple uses a "lesser" quality of Bluetooth. Just what I have read don't burn me alive for it please haha

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ah I see. What about over a WiFi network like the new helix piece.

I am unsure if the audiostage hec will allow streaming from a phone or not, I have been told not by internet rumours, mr Fischer sat two seats away from me at the weekend (I think it was him in person) with a tech geek from AF at a trade day in Birmingham and I was told it will stream from a phone via WiFi and also control a usb thumb drive or hard drive from the phone and allow tuning I believe (not sure how limited mind, whether it’s just the stuff a director does or more in-depth)

And yes WIFI can stream pure digital as the bandwidth is way higher than Bluetooth 👍🏼 As said Apple devices don’t use aptx which is currently the best resolution regarding Bluetooth, apples isn’t quite upto that... how much difference you could tell in real life on all but the most transparent systems I’m unsure

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am unsure if the audiostage hec will allow streaming from a phone or not, I have been told not by internet rumours, mr Fischer sat two seats away from me at the weekend (I think it was him in person) with a tech geek from AF at a trade day in Birmingham and I was told it will stream from a phone via WiFi and also control a usb thumb drive or hard drive from the phone and allow tuning I believe (not sure how limited mind, whether it’s just the stuff a director does or more in-depth)

And yes WIFI can stream pure digital as the bandwidth is way higher than Bluetooth 👍🏼 As said Apple devices don’t use aptx which is currently the best resolution regarding Bluetooth, apples isn’t quite upto that... how much difference you could tell in real life on all but the most transparent systems I’m unsure
Audiostage will allow WiFi streaming from your device as well as allow it to control a hard drive connected to the card over WiFi including full album art and album info.

The Current WiFi module will allow WiFi tuning via Windows based units and very soon an iOS app as well. The WiFi module will not allow tuning via phone, it will however allow the phone to act as a Director on any of the DSPs with the new ACO platform.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts