Klippel Distortion Parameters:
  • X Bl @ Bl min=82% 4.4 mm
  • X C @ C min=75% 2.4 mm
Sample Klippel Data:

Attachments

·
18,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, and the offset differences are what drives that. The 4" has less offset in both K and Bl than the 6". Therefore, the % of those parameters is reached quicker on the 6" version.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
The results are almost an identical copy to the SB. The slight deviation is easily production variance and it's so small any production line would be happy to see it.

Buy the one that is cheaper DIYMA, the Klippel just saved you money!!

Naturally this will go towards some argument about how rebadged car audio drivers are somehow optimized for the car environment and that's why you pay the premium. Where is the difference in this driver?? I don't see it. Even the coil is 4 ohm in both drivers.

·
Registered
448 Posts
maybe power handling? the FS is a little higher and the qts is a little more. but got daum 10 times the price of the SB..

i want to see the 4" data im trying to decide on the 4" SB ($90),ARC ($350) ,scan 12m ($600) or scan 3.5" 10f($250)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
maybe power handling? the FS is a little higher and the qts is a little more. but got daum 10 times the price of the SB..

i want to see the 4" data im trying to decide on the 4" SB ($90),ARC ($350) ,scan 12m ($600) or scan 3.5" 10f($250)
The information is all there. The SB reached a thermal temperature of 18k while the Arc got to 24k. Once you account for the excursion differences between the tests the thermal capabilities look the same. There is an overwhelming amount of similarities between the two.

·
Premium Member
11,394 Posts
I don't know what you are trying to decide on between the SB and the Arc...they are the exact same driver.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I don't know what you are trying to decide on between the SB and the Arc...they are the exact same driver.
Maybe he's looking into buying speakers as a store of value. The ARC is higher price tag so upon resale you get more back. Honestly though, it's a really crappy investment given the depreciation rate of speakers. Then you have to rely on your used speaker buyer not knowing that he's paying for a sticker, they may be smarter than the buyer! It certainly wouldn't work on this site that well.

It's not the first time "black" is used as a marketing tool. Look at the Mercedes black series, same chassis with a few improvements and the black edition moniker. At least the Mercs have improvements...

·
(((((((In Stereo)))))))
1,330 Posts
i just wonder if anything changed spec wise that would help them work better in a really small a piller pod.
On the 6", the slight difference in published T/S were shown, it's just that it doesn't equate to much in terms of actual performance.

On the 4", the specs are exactly the same.

Maybe he's looking into buying speakers as a store of value. The ARC is higher price tag so upon resale you get more back. Honestly though, it's a really crappy investment given the depreciation rate of speakers. Then you have to rely on your used speaker buyer not knowing that he's paying for a sticker, they may be smarter than the buyer! It certainly wouldn't work on this site that well.
Not much room to go down on a $90/pair of speakers. If you gave them away, you'd still lose less than if you sold the Arcs for 1/2.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
On the 6", the slight difference in published T/S were shown, it's just that it doesn't equate to much in terms of actual performance.

Not much room to go down on a $90/pair of speakers. If you gave them away, you'd still lose less than if you sold the Arcs for 1/2.
I meant in the drug dealer way of storing value in Rolex watches. A used ARC audio speaker still would cost more than the used SB even though it's the same damn speaker. You can wash money by buying expensive items and reselling as needed.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts

Agreed

Kelvin

1 - 20 of 49 Posts