DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

As most of you know (or at least can look at my sig and see), I am an ARC dealer. I recently ordered a set of the new Black Series and though I would share pics with you guys. From what I was told by ARC, this new series was designed by the engineers who designed the ScanSpeak Revelators (obviously very intriguing).

Without further adieu....

The artwork on the boxes

The Tweeter - Named "Black 1.0" MSRP $179

The housing is plastic.

The Midrange/Midbass - Named "Black 6.0" MSRP $469

These came with a 3/4" mdf trim ring included (nice touch)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Finally the Sub - Named "Black 10" MSRP $399 (12" version "Black 12" MSRP $449)

Overall, I found the packaging and looks of the drivers to be quite nice. The had a definite feel of higher end drivers. I will be listening to them soon and will update the thread accordingly.

***I will again say, I am a dealer, but will try to be honest with my impressions as I am unable to sell to anyone outside my area anyway***

·
Registered
448 Posts
very nice! My 2nd Black 12 will be here tomorrow and the 3way set 6.0,4.0,1.0 will be ordered next week! these new subs sound AWESOME! right now mine's in .9 stuffed with 3/4lb polyfill getting 1000 watts. took about a week to break in fully but i only listen for an hour or less a day.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Just an FYI SB Acoustic engineers used to be Scan-speak engineers...that being said im sure tweaks in specs make these optimal for car audio use.

Do you have pricing of the Black Series line-up?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pricing all noted above....here are the cliff notes!

The Tweeter - Named "Black 1.0" MSRP $179
The Midrange/Midbass - Named "Black 6.0" MSRP $469
Finally the Sub - Named "Black 10" MSRP $399 (12" version "Black 12" MSRP $449)

The rest of the series...
4" Midrange - Named "Black 4.0" MSRP $319
5" MR/MB - Named "Black 5.0" MSRP $399

Here are some specs to review:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Wow... I am intrigued by these. Looking forward to your review.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
What is going on with the Arc Audio web site :confused:

I wish they would get it updated sometime in the near future

Let us know how they perform...thanks for the pics

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Anxious to hear your thoughts on these... Very intriguing.

Have to say, the mdf ring is a simple, but very cool extra... Nice.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Well i just got my 2nd black 12 installed and about an hour of listening whilst breaking in. I must say ARC you have a new fan boy.. My god these things sound good! Going from 2 idq12v3 the bass is every bit as fast while sounding deeper, more full, totally controlled, they blend seamlessly with my JBl 608gti's even if i turn my head and look out the pass seat window the bass sounds like its coming from the mids in the doors. btw the 2 subs are in a sealed box .9 on each side stuffed with 3/4lb poly fill behind the rear seat of my crew cab f250. they sound prefectly flat, GET LOW as hell without any mechanical noise unlike the idq's. Play the upper frequency's with ease. Now with the 2nd one the Punch is there.. Thats the only thing i missed about the 2 idq's to the single 12 was the punch of the higher bass freq's. not no more.. these things have exceeded my expectations all the way around and i can finally say im satisfied! At least with my substage.. ;) Oh im using a rockford t1500bdcp at 1ohm so +/- 1700 watts crossed at 80hz 18db and these babys love it!

The only thing is i wish i got dual 2 ohm's so i could run them at 2ohm for the same power the t1500. i could run them at 4ohm but they would only be getting 1100 to the pair and these really like closer to 1000 a piece. Thats also what fred and brad from arc said as well.

There not cheap but worth every penny.. id say there close to the sound of a w6 (sealed in about 1.2-1.3) but sound a smidge less fat on the bottom end with more upper punch. totally clean and controlled. This is the subs i was looking for when i posted this and now i have it! http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/system-design-help-me-choose-equipment-my-car/110124-something-similar-jlw6v2.html

·
Registered
312 Posts
My 6.0/1.0 set is in the mail ! Can't wait they are replacing Scan 18W and Vifa XT25. We shall see :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Cannot wait to hear Gerry's impressions/comments on the 4.0
I was told by ARC that the 4.0 is going to outperform the Scan 12M. I threw a bunch of midrange names at him which he has heard and is familiar with and again said this will impress you. I am eager to see !

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I was told by ARC that the 4.0 is going to outperform the Scan 12M. I threw a bunch of midrange names at him which he has heard and is familiar with and again said this will impress you. I am eager to see !
That's a pretty lofty claim....
Sure would be nice if they were right, and it is to that level.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm gonna "COIN" the phrase now ! "Once you go Black... You never go back" :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, these will be temporarily installed on my sound board, I am hopefully completing today, next to the likes of Dynaudio Esotec 2-way & HAT L series, just to name a little competition! :D

They look very nice, let put them to the test!

BYW, I don't have a 4.0, but I will see what I can do!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts