DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post from Facebook.

Happy Sunday ARC Audio fans. We know you have been waiting and that time is NOW. NOW SHIPPING TO US CUSTOMERS, the PS8-Pro hits the ground running with multiple championships and awards in hand. Stay tuned for the independent product reviews and the product spotlight. For more details and software downloads please visit- https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=182414

FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS WE ANTICIPATE TO BEGIN SHIPPING TO OUR DISTRIBUTORS IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS.

https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=182414

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Interesting.

From the "Specifications" Section on their website:

"Crossovers - Phase Correct AP/HP/LP/BP all channels"

Does this mean that the xover filters don't induce phase shift? FIR?

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting.

From the "Specifications" Section on their website:

"Crossovers - Phase Correct AP/HP/LP/BP all channels"

Does this mean that the xover filters don't induce phase shift? FIR?
Looks like it's
Phase Correct AP/HP/LP/BP all channels

Dont see FIR filters

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
930 Posts
Post from Facebook.

Happy Sunday ARC Audio fans. We know you have been waiting and that time is NOW. NOW SHIPPING TO US CUSTOMERS, the PS8-Pro hits the ground running with multiple championships and awards in hand. Stay tuned for the independent product reviews and the product spotlight. For more details and software downloads please visit- https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=182414

FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS WE ANTICIPATE TO BEGIN SHIPPING TO OUR DISTRIBUTORS IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS.

https://www.arcaudio.com/store?p=182414

Still only 8 channels????? Smh. This is not competing with others in the same price range. But I’m glad it’s finally out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still only 8 channels????? Smh. This is not competing with others in the same price range. But I’m glad it’s finally out.

PS8 indicates 8channels.
I'm sure PS16 will be dropping soon.
Either way, the feature updates i like a lot and having full control of the dsp from the PSC controller is what i like the most.

·
Premium Member
8,895 Posts
I got to see the Beta software last year at CES. I think there is a lot of potential in the new DSP. I'm interested to see how the upmixer works. I tried to download and install the software, but got the following error message on my Windows 7 machine.

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Interesting. I installed it on my windows 7 box without issues this afternoon.

Are you sure you have permissions and UAC is turned off.?

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got to see the Beta software last year at CES. I think there is a lot of potential in the new DSP. I'm interested to see how the upmixer works. I tried to download and install the software, but got the following error message on my Windows 7 machine.

"This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."
FYI

Software Interface
Windows PC Required (Windows 8 & Windows 10)

Windows OS Notice
Note that the Pro-Series software is ONLY recommended for use with authentic licensed versions of the Windows Operating system. Use of counterfeit, cracked or hacked versions are not guaranteed to work and can cause unwanted and/or undesired results while using any ARC branded DSP or ANY DSP on the market. Use of anything other than an authentic licensed version of Windows will void ALL warranty and support of ARC Audio DSP products and its user interface

·
Registered
733 Posts
Does this thing do stereo to 5.1 upmixing?

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the fact that it is Maestro AR compatible. For me, that is the only way to integrate into my factory HU. Aftermarket is not an option.
Same here.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I'm wondering who designed their upmixing algorithm

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Still curious about the "phase-correct" crossovers:

"Next, the crossover section provides access to Phase Correct and channel-linkable Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, Bessel, Variable-Q and four different choices of Chebyshev response filters. The crossover slopes are adjustable to 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 26, 42 or 48 dB/Octave steps (depending on the filter type selected) and can be set at any frequency from 20 Hz to 22kHz in 0.1 Hz increments. "

Does this mean 0 phase rotation from the HP/LP filters?

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The LR crossovers are amplitude correct when using 24 dB / octave slope This means that their amplitudes sum to 0 dB at all frequencies when the crossover frequencies are the same. If you invert the phase (in the delay tab) then the 12 dB / octave crossovers are amplitude correct.

Basically, a Butterworth filter acts like a Butterworth filter. They are "Correct" to their original designs. Don't mistake this as being some kind of "Phase Linear" or non-phase shifting crossover.

·
Registered
249 Posts
nah thats awesome good to know,

does anyone know if this features swappable op amps

and the oems dac and op amp that its shipping with

1 - 20 of 60 Posts