DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WooHoo...I just bought one of each of these Arc amps and should have them next week..I did a lot of reading before buying and am very excited to try these out. It is my first venture into higher end stuff. I will be running these in my corvette with Dynaudio Esotec's and asingle sub(still undecided) What do you guys that hav th amps thnik of them?? Thanks in advance and thanks to all for the info on this site that helped me to choose!!:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll be watching this thread because I am intrigued by the Arc Audio KS series. They're a small class-AB amp that might just fit the bill. I bought a 6-ch McIntosh (MCC446) and it's waaayyy too big for my trunk. Wanna stay in the audiophile amp class, but go for something smaller, so the Arcs and Audison VRX/LRX both have me intriqued right now.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I watched a ton of these type threads myself before buying.. the folks at Dynaudio told me that Dyn matchs up well with ARC or Audison for the type of sound I am seeking. I read a couple of reviews that said the ARC amps made everything "come alive" just a bit more..I also looked into the audison, and the deal came up for the KS amps and I jumped(not that they are expensive to begin with in this class of quality

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, did you buy the amps used or new? If new, did you buy online?

I'm looking seriously at the Audison LRx 2.9 and the Arc Audio KS 300.4, and not real sure which one is going to match up better with my Hertz Audio 3-way components. I've heard the Arc is "warmer" than the Audison, but have no experience myself with either.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem at all to ask. I bought them from a forum vendor who took them out of SQ competition vehicle.(ARC makes good quality so I am not worried about the longevity) Once I get them I will let you know what I thnk of them..I also think I have decided on my sub, SI MAGv4, as so many here rate it with the top names for SQ.

I got the chance to hear a set of HERTZ MILLE's this week and was pretty impressed, which do you have???

·
Registered
70 Posts
No problem at all to ask. I bought them from a forum vendor who took them out of SQ competition vehicle.(ARC makes good quality so I am not worried about the longevity) Once I get them I will let you know what I thnk of them..I also think I have decided on my sub, SI MAGv4, as so many here rate it with the top names for SQ.

I got the chance to hear a set of HERTZ MILLE's this week and was pretty impressed, which do you have???
I picked up:

Hertz Space 8 (8" midbass)
HL-70 (3" midrange)
HT-25 (1" silk tweeter)

The Milles are nice, but they don't fit in my car. If they had, I would have bought that set. The reason I got the Hertz was because the drivers are a direct swap with the stock speakers on the Mercedes SLK-350 (my car). Mercedes puts the speakers in a weird plastic pod inside the door, with the 8" pointed backward (into the door). I really didn't want to modify that pod, since I love my car and it's too expensive to go hacking it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts