1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From here...

ARC Audio Community Forums

PS8 release date, pricing and more **OFFICIAL!**

This past weekend ARC Audio attended the annual MERA Knowledgefest event in Dallas Texas with over 1000 attendee's/exhibitors exclusively all from the car audio industry for 3 days of educational tracks, products seminars, trainings and a lot of one on one conversations about the industry and the market we have all grown to love.

During this event on Sunday ARC Audio held its first official PS8 ...product overview seminar in which we discussed several of the fine art details of this wonderful technology and what makes it work. At the end of this presentation we also announced its release date and pricing to those who were in attendance. With that said, ARC Audio is proud to announce this information to its loyal and faithful consumers and product fans.

Currently the PS8 is actively in 100% production here in the United States and all parts are in hand. We anticipate a smooth and uneventful production however with this being the first production we are taking extra steps to ensure that the PS8 will be fault free assuring that your first impression of the product will be as impressive as the technology itself. We will be under going a 100% full feature QC on every unit from the first production run and the units will not be released in "ANY" capacity until this is complete.

Our expected ship date from ARC Audio Inc to authorized US and Export clients is to "begin" during the "week" of September 23rd 2012 or sooner if possible. We do apologize but we will not permit, authorize or accept "ANY" requests for shipment list priority placement, early shipments for special circumstances, waiting vehicles etc. Units will be shipped to our dealers in a fair and unilateral processed release of this wonderful product.

Due to the popular worldwide demand and extremely high anticipation of this product we are placing ordering limits on the first production run of the PS8 to assure that current active "Authorized" dealers have an equal opportunity to partake in this initial production run with dedicated/limited quantities for their territories. Our first production order quantity is moderate as to ensure that there were no unforeseen issues related to the production process. However we are already taking steps and action to follow this first order as quickly as possibly with a very large stocking order to be completed as soon as possible to minimize any inventory stocking delays between orders.

The initial price offering for the PS8 is $899.00 USA MSRP. Please be advised that until further notice there is no sponsorships, accommodation pricing etc. The PS8 will not be listed on ARC Audio's Shop-A-Tron Authorized retail purchase program until after the completion of the second production run allowing for stocking quantities to be allocated and received in our US dealers for US sales in non represented territories.

We will begin to accept pre-orders exclusively from "Active Authorized USA Brick and Mortar Store Front Dealers/Retailers and International Distributors Only in good standing" on a first come first serve basis for the PS8 until the first production is accounted for starting on Tuesday September 4th 2012 PST. At this time we will not be able to accept or accommodate any individual international or domestic product purchase requests for territories that do not have current representation. We do apologize but once they are gone they are gone until the completion of our next production run of which we will inform you of the estimated completion date as soon as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us anytime.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
from what i understand, yes!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Anybody seen or know of a trial/demo version of the PS8 software? I'd like to play around with it first.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

·
Registered
87 Posts
Software is not available yet in a demo version. My understanding is that it wil not be released prior to the actual unit shipping...so, no early release of the software. I could easily be wrong on that part, but that is what I am hearing.

Belive me though....the software if pretty darn easy to use and navigate around.

·
18,604 Posts
Indeed. I've gotten a chance to play with it and I really like it a lot. Very intuitive and oddly, the color scheme employed helps making tuning more efficient.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's coming, east coast dealers that pre-ordered should see it 1st-2nd week of October. Got mine coming. Dealers are allotted only 5 units on the 1st wave so get out to your local dealer and pre-order it now ! $899.99 :)

MADE IN THE USA every unit gets QC'd at ARC !

·
Registered
229 Posts
That pic is deceiving. It is small in person.

Tapatalk owns my productivity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been waiting for its release but this was quite a while ago, but what i don't remember is why i was waiting for it lol. Can someone tell me the upside of the ps8 over ms8 and bit one?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
In actually more interested in the differences between the 3sixty.3 and ps-8. IIRC both cab flatten out a stock stereo but do either of them do autotune or can either of them incorporate a center channel?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm wondering about the comparison between the Zapco DSP-Z8 and the ARC PS8. I'm sure the PS8 will have more features but which one sounds better?

1 - 20 of 562 Posts