DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't connect my ps8 to my surface pro 3 running windows 10 pro. It wouldn't work with the original software or firmware. I updated the firmware of the ps8 to version 3.0 using a computer I borrowed and it still won't connect. I'm getting the same error message every time:

"The last usb device you connected
to this computer malfunctioned. Windows does not recognize it."

in the device manager is says this next to the device "A request for the USB device descriptor fail"

That's it. My system is up to date. I tried manually updating my usb ports through device manager. No luck.

All other usb devices work just fine through this port(the only usb port on a surface pro 3) and the ps8 works fine with other computers.

Any thoughts would be helpful

·
Registered
702 Posts
few things:
- use a short USB cable
- ensure the USB cable is good

I had an issue with a external DVD drive and it turned out to be the cable (wrong cable)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try that next time I dismantle the trunk. But it works fine with other computers.... so you're saying the cable might not be compatible with my surface pro?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was speaking with Fred from Arc yesterday about a parametric bug in the software and asked him about the longer cables as I was concerned as well. He said even the 20ft cables are fine as long as it's ONE piece and not some super cheap dollar store called. No idea why it would have that error though. At least your cable should be fine if it works with other computers

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't recall if the surface pro 3 uses USB3.0 or 2.0. Just to make sure, have use the same cable with other computers and it works fine? I would try a cheap usb hub, just weird that the surface pro 3 would have issues connecting to the ps8. When I got mine I had to update the software and flash the processor, but that's software versus hardware..

What was the bug in the software?

·
Registered
448 Posts
When entering a frequency in the parametric eq tab, the frequency wouldn't actually apply until you touched the frequency slider. I'm on software 3.0.1 and he was able replicate it. They're getting on it.

My ps8 works fine in a USB 2 or 3.0 but I use the 2.0 just to eliminate possible issues.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't recall if the surface pro 3 uses USB3.0 or 2.0. Just to make sure, have use the same cable with other computers and it works fine? I would try a cheap usb hub, just weird that the surface pro 3 would have issues connecting to the ps8. When I got mine I had to update the software and flash the processor, but that's software versus hardware..

Damn, even I couldn't understand what I wrote:

Just to make sure, have you used the same cable with other computers and it worked fine? I know sounds like one of those Comcast help line questions.

But I thought I would bring this up, friend of mien with a surface book, had issues connecting to a tablet via usb, turns out that a update was pushed that dealt with USB, check to ensure that the driver is not fubar'd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.