DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
few things:
- use a short USB cable
- ensure the USB cable is good

I had an issue with a external DVD drive and it turned out to be the cable (wrong cable)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't recall if the surface pro 3 uses USB3.0 or 2.0. Just to make sure, have use the same cable with other computers and it works fine? I would try a cheap usb hub, just weird that the surface pro 3 would have issues connecting to the ps8. When I got mine I had to update the software and flash the processor, but that's software versus hardware..

What was the bug in the software?

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't recall if the surface pro 3 uses USB3.0 or 2.0. Just to make sure, have use the same cable with other computers and it works fine? I would try a cheap usb hub, just weird that the surface pro 3 would have issues connecting to the ps8. When I got mine I had to update the software and flash the processor, but that's software versus hardware..

What was the bug in the software?

Damn, even I couldn't understand what I wrote:

Just to make sure, have you used the same cable with other computers and it worked fine? I know sounds like one of those Comcast help line questions.

But I thought I would bring this up, friend of mien with a surface book, had issues connecting to a tablet via usb, turns out that a update was pushed that dealt with USB, check to ensure that the driver is not fubar'd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.