DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Sith Lord
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll... I've been stumped by this problem and wanted to reach out to some more seasoned 12v minds.

The exhaust on my RS4 has been really loud for nearly a year now and while I love it, there would be some times when being quieter would be handy. Took me quite a while to find something that worked and was OEM-ish. The OEM mufflers had internal flaps that were controlled by the vacuum system but was still not loud enough. I found mufflers by an Australian company called Varex. They have electric flaps (with reversing motors) built into the muffler and come with a fob to control them. They are currently wired in that fashion, but I want something more OEM.

Here's where you come in... I want the flaps to function with the "S" button in my car. Of course, that is only a momentary switch, not latching. I'm looking for some way to take that momentary switch output and make it latching for a pre-determined amount of time. I don't know the exact length of time yet, but I can find that out fairly quickly.

So my basic logic is as follows:
Odd number of "S" button push: Power to the flap for x amount of seconds
Even number of "S" button push: Reverse power to the flap for x amount of seconds.
Ignition power-off: Counter resets to 0

If there is an easier way to do this, I'm all ears!

Photo of car for attention:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts