DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Super Moderator
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi
2,909 Posts

· Registered
678 Posts
It has a high level input for your stock headunit that can provide cd player, hands free calling and in every smartphone I know you can have different audio targets for media player and phone function.

· Super Moderator
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi
2,909 Posts

· Registered
VW Corrado 1.9L PG/ABA Turbo & MK1 Caddy 1.8L JH
49 Posts
That Bremen SQR46 will be my choice for my Corrado. Crazy price, yes. And the HU is not usable for anything sound wise.. Will be hooked up to Helix amplifier with DSP..
Crazy amount of money just for the looks... But but, its not only only.

· Registered
19 Posts
IMO, single DINs have been stagnant for the last decade as the market for them is typically on lower end or old vehicles. I can't even think of a decent vehicle built in the last decade that could take a single DIN.

I would just suck it up and get the best unit you can find. I don't quite agree with the suggestions to go DSP because quite frankly it's an older car and NVH back then wasn't the best. So you'd be spending a ton of $$ to flatten a signal from a crappy source that's going to get drowned out in road noise anyways. Not to mention that a DSP is way more costly than even a basic single DIN and you get less (modern) functionality. Better to just get a clean signal from an ugly, but newer headunit in the first place. You could sound deaden, but non luxury cars of that era were inherently bad for NVH and you can only do so much with deadener.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts