DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, that is all I want to know. My next question is that if they are fixable, has anyone gotten a Focal 6.5" midbass fixed? I'm pretty sure mine are fried. They do not have any sound coming out of them. I called focal-america today and they said that I would have to buy new speakers and they can't really do anything as they did not make the parts to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i got another brand speakers
, mine were fried due to bad AMP,
i dont know whats the retail value or these speakers can u write me their price,

mine were fried so the person who done repairs changed my coils of my broken speakers i got 000 sound or signal from them.
Now they works i dont know if they are same as factory specs now no way to test...
But if they are expensive and worth your money yes they can be repaired otherwise brand new ones are also best option.
Since from the repair you cant be sure what material they will put inside

·
Registered
138 Posts
No you wont be able to. I had a focal flax 8" subwoofer and couldn't buy anything for it to fix. Voice coil was burnt out. They use a lot of custom parts to prevent anybody from repairing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i would say depends how good your repair man is, so far i repaired 4 different speakers and all of them were using custom parts as well..
repairing speakers is not something that everybody does these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts