DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I bought an amp, and the guy offered to throw in some tweeters into the deal for free. I took the offer. He said they are from the Diamond M Series Lineup. I'm thinking the M5 series because he also has the crossovers.

Well I got the amp and tweeters and the tweeters look EXACTLY like LPG26NA tweeters.

Are they the same? Did I just score some awesome tweeters? :eek:

(Click on thumbnail for bigger pic)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
That would be them, unless there is another tweet out there that looks just like the 26's that i don't know about....

You did score some awesome tweets....xover them at say 3k at 18 or 24db and relax....

Cool.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I actually have the Diamond Audio M561s and just bought some LPG 26NAs. They do look very similiar. The LPG 26NAs are pretty heavy. I don't recall the Diamond Audio tweets being that heavy. I'll take some pictures of both side by side for you.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
floats said:
I actually have the Diamond Audio M561s and just bought some LPG 26NAs. They do look very similiar. The LPG 26NAs are pretty heavy. I don't recall the Diamond Audio tweets being that heavy. I'll take some pictures of both side by side for you.

Awesome, please do.

I think I read that they might have been the same but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
demon2091tb said:
That would be them, unless there is another tweet out there that looks just like the 26's that i don't know about....

You did score some awesome tweets....xover them at say 3k at 18 or 24db and relax....

Cool.

How do you like yours?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I love them, i think there seriously the best tweets i've used to date....not saying i've used alot, but i love mine...wish they could be xovered lower say 2k or so, but they rock man. You should like alot.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OMG, they're EXACTLY the same. I just paid $37 per plus shipping for the LPGs and I had already had the Diamonds in my old car. I'll upload some pics, but they're physically identical, right down to the "02" stamped/printed on the back.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
floats said:
OMG, they're EXACTLY the same. I just paid $37 per plus shipping for the LPGs and I had already had the Diamonds in my old car. I'll upload some pics, but they're physically identical, right down to the "02" stamped/printed on the back.
Ain't that a SOB.

Now I totally ruined the Placebo effect for you LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
And here are the pics:

LPGs are on the left, Diamond Audios are on the rightt. Interestingly enough, the Diamond Audio tweeters aren't even from their top of the line components, the Diamond Audio Hex series, but are from, as mentioned, the M series.

·
Registered
578 Posts
This has been on DA website for a while...

"Client List A brief list of our clients: Gateway - Multimedia and Home Theater components Intel - Multimedia Products FIC - Multimedia Products FoxConn - Multimedia Products NEC Computers International - Multimedia Products Hyundai Imagequest - Multimedia Products Legend Audio - Drivers for Home Theater Components LPG/ETON - Car Audio drivers Midiland - Multimedia Products Packard Bell/NEC - Multimedia Products"

I asked a DA engineer a while back what it meant in regards to LPG/Eton, specially since Eton claims the rights to the HEX cone... he said he wasn't at liberty to say much but that he could say was that they provided the material but that DA made the speakers.

Also the DA\LPG tweeter look the same, but if you take time to look at the DA specs, they are not the same as LPG's.

·
Ignorance is Bliss
181 Posts
so does any one know what kinda tweeters the diamond hex series has?

·
Registered
531 Posts
af22 said:
so does any one know what kinda tweeters the diamond hex series has?
metal domed ones :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts