DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have not been here that long, But I do noticed huge demand For these 4 common questions,

1. What Head unit should I get ?
2. What Amp Should I get ?
3. What Component set should I get ?
4. What Sub Should I get ?

Well I am sick of people really not helping noobs and just sometimes plain old mean, So I propose that we make a sticky on each of the above four questions.

First off we need to have a poll for top brands as a whole I.E (Hu's,Amp's,Etc.), that we as Mobile audio Masters find confident, and that supply great sound without over inflated prices.

We will then for each sticky break it down in to four classes, Named Elite, Pro, Advance,& Nothing Special.{Price Points determined after Polling},

After that We will Post Common brand Model numbers that are most common for that particular brand and that is generally agreed a good item.

So for example for The amp sticky would be Like this

Elite (xxxx$-xxxxx$)
Coke amps {Coke1,CK2,DAPurewhite4}

Pro(xxx$-xxxx.9$)
Psycho amps {Psy1,Psyo2,Uplumcrazy}

Advance(xx$-xxx.9$)
Mj amps {MJ1,MJ2,MJ23}

Nothing Special(x$-xx.9$)
EarzBleeds {GlassCutter,Ishanku4sound,MikeTyson}

THIS WILL TAKE TIME, and take the entire diy community’s' effort, but in the end it would not take as nearly as much effort to answers all these questions.

Here are the benefits.

1.Less Questions you hate to answer.
2.Less Clutter and useless 2 post Threads.
3.Less bandwidth.
4.More organized system
5.Possible more Sponsors, And Advertisers.
6.More noob Friendly.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
reasons why i dont respond...if people would just do the same, maybe these questions wont be answered

FYI a quick search on here and even google does wonders ;) :rolleyes:

As mean as it seems, these questions are asked and answered on other forums and most of the time cross posted anyways. DIYMA used to be a place where topic with thoroughly researched and intelligent questions asked with thoughtful responses by the OP. Times have changed and so does the forum....

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can do a sticky like that, and you will still have a people asking the same questions, because their situation is "different." The only real difference is, you and any others that have taken the time to make the post will have put a lot of time and effort into something that will need to be updated constantly. You know- the new whatchamadigit came out today.. it has to go at the top of the list! But, if you have that much free time... I say go for it!

And I agree w/above... if your a noob, do some searching and reading. Most of the time you can find an answer on here without making a new post. Hence why my post count is so low. LOL

·
Registered
939 Posts
Stickies, in my experience, don't usually get read.

As for why no one responds, well, that is simply answered by searching... There is a freakin TON of knowledge in this forum, if someone wants to learn they need only spend an evening reading and they will be able to answer those four questions like a veteran.

And the correct answer to all four questions is that "the best speaker/deck/amp/sub you can afford that meets all your requirements and that you can install properly is the best one."

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you answer all the Noob questions up front, point out for them to search previous posts,ect..., then you will get a lot less new members. The questions you are not happy with are usually someones 1st posts. Seems to me that most of the questions of "what should I get to do this?" , ect... are for new members testing the waters of the forum. But if AZNGOTSKILLS asks me what amp he should run, I wouldn't reply for sure. LOL...

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
LOL :p

Well it is the questions like "A vs B" or "what is best" of "i have $xx.xx what should I buy" that I am talking about

vs

"I am trying to choose between A because ___ and B because ___, I plan to install them like this ___ powered by ____. I listen to ____ . I will like to run them ____ (active/passive) but I have a few questions ____"

See the difference between thought out questions and your simple ones that can be search and answers found...then now you have a basis for a more intelligent question and can actually respond with valid questions ;)

Prime example of what im talking about: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mobile-audio/55893-opinions-zapco-dsp-6-a.html

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Reason there is no sticky is because it can only be determined on a case by case basis. What constitutes "good" is entirely application and budget specific.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
For every one person that won't answer the n00b questions there are ten others that will. For that reason I rarely ever click on those threads:)

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I've been answering those questions on other forums for almost 10yrs, so no, I don't get fed up... But I also don't just answer the questions, that's far to easy and nobody learnes anything...

I alway tell them, start looking around, decide on budget, go out and do listening tests if possible, and read as many reviews as one can fine on the target products.. THEN I ask them to bring the reaserch back and allow the "group" to go over things..

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't... it's a noob thing..

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
reasons why i dont respond...if people would just do the same, maybe these questions wont be answered

FYI a quick search on here and even google does wonders ;) :rolleyes:

As mean as it seems, these questions are asked and answered on other forums and most of the time cross posted anyways. DIYMA used to be a place where topic with thoroughly researched and intelligent questions asked with thoughtful responses by the OP. Times have changed and so does the forum....
Good call Mark. /thread

1 - 10 of 10 Posts