DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all of this info is preliminary but very intresting. I'm really intrested not in the comp set but more the Mid itself. Subs look slightly appealing too, from a pricepoint, need more info on them though. The comp set is 6.5" mid 11.5mm (xmax) with custom Vifa XT25 ring radiator (neo). Should be intresting to see how it does.

http://www.soundillusions.net/Forum/showthread.php?t=55681

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
yea should be awesome guys. been holding that little secret for a little while.

cant wait for some actual specs, particularly the mid

·
Registered
757 Posts
comp. set looks very interesting and has some high quality features, can't wait to hear some reviews!

I also wonder which sub series will be the equal to the avalanche and atlas, or better, which of their subs lines is the most SQ focused......

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
all are sq focused... arsenal is about the equivalent to the avalanche while assault is comparable to atlas. Havoc was designed only for those that "require" buttloads of power to their bass (ie. 1000w+)

the new assasin series should be really sweet at that pricepoint. Can't wait for those 8's!

·
Registered
757 Posts
awesome. Still more interested in the comp. set, I already found the perfect subs for my application, but still undecided on a comp. set......these look great, b/c I hear the Vifa XT25 is a great sounding tweet. If he has a more compact version of it that would be sweeeeeeet :>)

A

·
0 Posts
Hmm, a custom XT25 neo :cool: . I wonder how custom? The XT25 neo (Logic) has (slightly) better off axis (see below) than the standard XT25 (which I own), itself a VERY nice tweeter (excellent higher order distortion - used in many High end home speakers). My main complaint about the standard XT25 is the dreadful off axis. I'll be keeping my eye on these.
I might also have finally found a replacement for my Illusion's with the 6.5 midbass. Still have to wait to see what NP comes up with however ;) .

Cheers,

AJ

A

·
0 Posts
For reference, here is the standard XT25. Ruler flat dead on, but in freefall above 10k off axis :( .

Cheers,

AJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
hmmm looks interesting, i'm looking forward to NP's mids more though. I've seen the new Ascendant mids in person, look really nice.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
stangme01 said:
hmmm looks interesting, i'm looking forward to NP's mids more though. I've seen the new Ascendant mids in person, look really nice.
at this point, for my purposes it just boils down to price i guess.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Interesting stuff! I really like the response on that xt25 neo. Was there any distortion related data on it?

A

·
0 Posts
Yup.
http://206.13.113.199/ncdiyaudio/mark/Testing/logic_xt25/logic_xt25neo.htm

If you look closely at the graphs, the off axis is a bit better, but not that much. I have both the XT19 and the XT25. To my ears the XT19 is significantly better due to the better off axis. Coupled to a waveguide to counter the highish 2nd order down low.
Standard XT19 off axis:

My XT19:

The tweeter that I'd love to see a "car" neo version of is the DX25. The ring domes have exceptional off axis and great low end performance.
The SS version is what I consider to be the finest electrodynamic tweeter available. A bit pricey however :( .
http://www.tymphany.com/scanspeak/data/d2904_710000a.htm

Very interested in what tweeter you come up with NP.

Cheers,

AJ

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very intrested myself, the custom XT25 does have a nice looking FR graph though. They mentioned there comp set would be the first of there new lines to come out, and subs soon to follow, so i'd expect more info to come out pretty soon.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I really liked the sound of the xt19, but not of the xt25. What I thought was interesting is that they both had comparable non-linear distortion performance, even though the xt19 is a much smaller dome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Doesn't the Xt25 have problems below 3K? I thought i remember someone saying that a long time ago, just alot of distortion between 2K-3K...

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
From talking to Chad, like everything else, he wants to keep the mids priced at a point where they're impossible to pass up. I know his goal was under $80.00 a pair. Damn him. I had just got all the components bought for my car system and HT setup. He also mentioned that you could tune the mids to a ridiculously low tuning (i.e, like the 20's) and they would go that low. They are designed however for sealed enclosures. The idea was to make them easy to design a THX style system around. Flat response down to 80hz in a sealed enclosure of about .5 cubes. Pretty sweet. He also said that they should work extremely well in a car door. However, I'm sure a lot of deadening and sealing will be required to get full potential out of them.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
ewww Ill wait for dangs mids if you ask me

--something is fishy IMO about ascendants shipping/refund practices---long story lol,

and the way they dumped on adire all of a sudden to sell all there xbl2 drivers ---not to stick up for DW, but what he said was not even all that bad for a COMPLETE company change lol hmmmm

the mid xmax numbers seem earily similiar to some of the specs dang is estimating on his drivers?

all of a sudden there will be two 7" drivers with 11-13mm of throw?

--and they still havent explained what motor/technology they are using to replace and supposedly improve on the distortion of the xbl2 drivers

just questions

·
Registered
757 Posts
some of those thoughts had already crossed my mind too, and I'm not even as familiar with the company as many others are. I hope they don't start thinking too much about $$$. Every time a company becomes too commercialized, bad things happen.......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts