DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some background: I built out a DIY set of components using EX-Anarchy midwoofer and SB Acoustics tweeter, but I had an incorrect measurement on my available door depth and this midwoofer will not fit in my truck's doors (2011 Toyota tacoma dc). I really wanted to use this midwoofer and since it wont work I have sort of lost the desire to design another custom component set and crossover.

Opting to go the other route, I started looking at finished comp sets and saw that several people here like the DLS RM6.2s and these fit in my budget of around $300 for front comps. I'd be open to other suggestions within the same range.

The DLS RM6.2s are 3ohm drivers that come with passive crossover networks at 4.5kHz. If I were to go active I would need a 4ch amp that is 3ohm stable and I was hoping to get recommends on that. If I elect to use the passive xovers instead I would most likely use a Pioneer GM5500T 125W amp as I have had good experiences with Pioneer amps in the past.

I am open to any tips anyone may have. I've done several installs before and have a good amount of experience but it's been about 5 years since I have been involved in car audio and while the physics and engineering remains the same the market scene changes more than I can keep up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forgot to add I am also looking at Hybrid Audio Clarus now instead. They cost more though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I always wondered how those midbass drivers were (the DLS's). I had a pair of the old MS6 that had tons of midbass and those RM's look even better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts