DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little unit is amazing but I've been having trouble with my "seek up" button that think he's "seek down" since day 1, actually this is the second unit and after speaking with Axxess they had no clue what could cause my problem.

Anyone here faced this problem (or similar)?

I have a 2007 Dodge Caravan, the ASWC will only do the auto programming, it wont let me do a manual programming... I have a SWI-PS inhand that will prob go in if i can't find a solution soon.

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quick question, does your Seek Down work as seek down? and what kind of radio are you using?
Yup, Pioneer P99 JDM

Maybe your aswc needs an update?

Im pretty sure you can download updates for it.
Yup i'm running the 2/24/11 version, but i just got an email from Metra telling me that the latest update would allow me to reassign the key (Dodge issue) :D

Ill report back after upgrading

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small update

So after building my own cable and failing miserably to update my module, I discovered that cable needed to update the Axxess modules is not a straight USB, it's actually a USB to TTL cable.

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordered this Digi-Key Parts i should have it by the end of the week

·
Registered
5 Posts
have you remapped the buttons? after the radio auto detects the vehicle and the radio you can go back and reassign the buttons. it's in the instructions how to do it.
if I'm not mistaken, we use the TTL-232R-5V cable and change the connector end to fit our header.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I've been having sporadic issues with my 2006.5 Scion xB and a Clarion DXZ785USB. It might be the cable connecting the steering wheel to the dash, or it could be dirt or dust in the button mechanism on the steering wheel. Sometimes, when I push the 'track up' button, it increases the volume, or does nothing at all.

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have you remapped the buttons? after the radio auto detects the vehicle and the radio you can go back and reassign the buttons. it's in the instructions how to do it.
if I'm not mistaken, we use the TTL-232R-5V cable and change the connector end to fit our header.
That's what i was trying to do but it didn't work since with Dodge the button hold timeout after 15sec, so i could never reach the required 25 second. The new firmware reduce the 25sec delay that you need to enter the remap function, so as soon ill upgrade i should be ok.

yeah that's the cable I ordered

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand now. so where you live, are there any dealers that sell Metra product? it sucks that you have to spend your own money to get the ASWC updated.

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand now. so where you live, are there any dealers that sell Metra product? it sucks that you have to spend your own money to get the ASWC updated.
Yes my installer have one, but I'm the kind of guy that like to have the tool ;)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
As someone already said, Im also pretty sure you can manually program it...Mine works flawless compared to the crappy SWI-PS that would decide to not work after the car sat in the sun too long. After it cooled off it would work again, had the issue for 3 summers until I decided to fix it...

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok Digi-Key have done it again! got my order the next day :D

rearrange the pin on the connector to match the Axxess one (brown and green are unused). Ill use another connector so that i don't have to open the module, but for now...

Install windows driver (provided by Axxess updater tool) and voilà!

I'll let you know tonight if it actually solve my problem lol

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Napoleon of DIYMA
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fixed... after the last update i didn't notice that the module wasn't autodetecting my deck properly (Sony instead of Pioneer). Metra support gave me the instruction to force the deck to Pioneer and that dd the trick :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts