DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

181 - 200 of 333 Posts

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
700ish but who's counting. Owned a couple Harley's prior so I'm indoctrinated to the cult of V-twin. :) this one out does all previous though by far. Not bad for a snow mobile company.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
700ish but who's counting. Owned a couple Harley's prior so I'm indoctrinated to the cult of V-twin. :) this one out does all previous though by far. Not bad for a snow mobile company.
I rode Victory a few year back, was nice and comfy.
I`ve seen hard core Harley buffs greening side to side after a short ride on ducatis ( that if you have to sick to V-Twin concept. that is half weight and 7 time better weight to power ratio. not recliner on wheels like yours but you have to stay alert riding to stay alive. I`d probably fell asleep on a seat like that at pathetic speed it`s capable of.
Now if you want to hear a symphony go listen to turboed Hayabusa or better yet try riding one
Now back on topic, we derailed it long enough...
UcD 180 module is shorter than my thumb.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
So hypex modules considered among the better c-D types these days for fidelity?

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
So hypex modules considered among the better c-D types these days for fidelity?
One pictured on my hand actually has balanced input, biketronics doesn`t.
That much I can tell you now. Internet reviews raving..... but they always raving...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Werd victor....always raving. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion of the sound this thing puts out. I've been contemplating replacing my huge old school amps with some of these for months now..........the life time warranty.....sheesh....that's confidence in your product.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Lifetime? k... That's hard to argue with, regardless the board in it.

Victor, agree there's certainly value in diff-bal inputs. Looking forward to assessment.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
He definitely found some nits to pick, but overall still seems positive on the sounds from the modules. Hmmm, I may break down and order yet.........lol. Still looking forward to what you think victor.....

Aaaaaand....still wish they offered a sub amp solution.....would love a matching rack of tiny amps....

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
He definitely found some nits to pick, but overall still seems positive on the sounds from the modules. Hmmm, I may break down and order yet.........lol. Still looking forward to what you think victor.....

Aaaaaand....still wish they offered a sub amp solution.....would love a matching rack of tiny amps....
His main grange was about rated power he questioned.
Unless Harley crowd will demand Subs on their rides i don`t see it happening.
oneof these Module Amplificateur Hypex UCD400HG 400W | eBay
one of that 12V to 45V 500W Power Supply Board for Amplifier in Car 3300uF 50V 4 | eBay
small case to fit them both and you almost good to go.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Any new developments on the Biketronics Amps?

1.) Gain controls?
2.) A higher powered sub amp?
3.) Can you still get them with a 10 hz cutt off?

I am trying to design a new system for my car and I like the idea of high powered efficient reliable amps without the complex wiring. But, I would like a minimum of 600 watts sub amp.

What really attracts me to these amps are the small size and the confidence the manufacture has in his product with a lifetime warranty. I am tired of everything made today breaking!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Any new developments on the Biketronics Amps?

1.) Gain controls?
2.) A higher powered sub amp?
3.) Can you still get them with a 10 hz cutt off?

I am trying to design a new system for my car and I like the idea of high powered efficient reliable amps without the complex wiring. But, I would like a minimum of 600 watts sub amp.

What really attracts me to these amps are the small size and the confidence the manufacture has in his product with a lifetime warranty. I am tired of everything made today breaking!
1. Possibly though not sure about ETA for a model with gains.
2. Yes, I am getting my hands on a test mule very soon, stay tuned!
3. Yes, 10hz cutoff is now always available as an option.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Why would anyone need gains? Habit? Everyone use DSP these days- no gain nor build in filters needed for sub amp.
I`m seriously wondering why?
higher power sub amp? how high?
Hypex makes 700W modules but that will require new power supply.
So is 400W modules.
Why biketronics decided to use OEM modules without HxR is what I`d love to know.
I only use their HG modules with HxR. Sounds phenomenal with them.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
sure, I even looked around for where you were banned and why but came up short.

nobody made a fuss over it and someone who was in contact with you said you'd be back shortly, so I didn't give it much more thought.

what was that, 2 month stretch?

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
sure, I even looked around for where you were banned and why but came up short.

nobody made a fuss over it and someone who was in contact with you said you'd be back shortly, so I didn't give it much more thought.

what was that, 2 month stretch?
1 month.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Is the top plate on these BT amplifiers completely removeable? And is it aluminum? The etched logo looks cheesy. I'm thinking grind it clean and do some custom machining on the router table. Or maybe even replace it with another aluminum plate that is a little thicker. Maybe something that matches the machining in the side of the case.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
Why would anyone need gains? Habit? Everyone use DSP these days- no gain nor build in filters needed for sub amp.
I`m seriously wondering why?
higher power sub amp? how high?
Hypex makes 700W modules but that will require new power supply.
So is 400W modules.
Why biketronics decided to use OEM modules without HxR is what I`d love to know.
I only use their HG modules with HxR. Sounds phenomenal with them.
I agree with your point on gains 100%. My 4180 matches my P99RS perfectly and I've never had a need to adjust between the two. In fact, it is rather nice not needing to worry about it. The amp took 15 minutes to install and I was almost immediately enjoying my music. It has remained that way for 4 months and I haven't touched it since.

This new sub amp is supposedly not too much different from a regular 2180. Slightly bigger UcD modules and beefier power supply to make [email protected] for my pair of SI BM MKIV subs. The 2180 could have powered them just fine but BT wants to see what they can do to squeeze out as much extra power as possible while using as much existing design as possible.

From what I understand, most manufacturers use the OEM modules for a number of OEM supply chain reasons while higher end home audio boutique brands use the HG hobbyist boards (Genesis, Channel Islands, etc). BT does have a high end proaudio amp line, Vivid, which includes a powerhouse two channel model with dual UcD700HG modules: VR2700 Rack Amp - Vivid Amplifiers

I would LOVE to run a VR2700 on my living room line arrays but no budget for toys like that right now...maybe next year :)

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Is the top plate on these BT amplifiers completely removeable? And is it aluminum? The etched logo looks cheesy. I'm thinking grind it clean and do some custom machining on the router table. Or maybe even replace it with another aluminum plate that is a little thicker. Maybe something that matches the machining in the side of the case.
Yes, it`s just an aluminum square I think 1/8" thick with rounded corners, easily replaceable. I agree on cheesiness of that logo but hey it`s build for Harley crowd, can`t get more cheesier that that. :p
I`d think clean anodized finish would be perfect with sticker for those who want it.
in any case logo should not put anyone down, amp itself is well made and sounds great.
Can be better but at additional cost.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
This new sub amp is supposedly not too much different from a regular 2180. Slightly bigger UcD modules and beefier power supply to make [email protected] for my pair of SI BM MKIV subs. The 2180 could have powered them just fine but BT wants to see what they can do to squeeze out as much extra power as possible while using as much existing design as possible.
I know that bridging has been discussed in the past, but any chance the new high power two channel modules will be bridgeable? I know BT is focused on the HD crowd, but having a bridgeable powerful 2 channel for use with a single sub (or multiples) would be ideal in my book. I'm currently using a powerful two channel bridged on my sub as is.

I'd really love to able to make use of these BT amps for my wife's car. To do so, bridgeable amps would be my preference.

181 - 200 of 333 Posts